Forums are back in action! ×

Summer is here, lets talk hydration?

Moxie Hart

Between the heat, my allergies, and all the skating I do (sometimes outside) I feel like I just can't get hydrated enough. I drink water, water and then more water. One of the other derby girls suggested coconut water but I haven't dared to try it yet. How do you all keep well hydrated?

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy

Coconut water is a good substitute for gatorade. I've stopped drinking caffeine, but I can understand if that's not for everybody - instead I drink white tea. Lots and lots of white tea.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Doing 80 oz shouldn't be too hard - that's like 10 glasses, right? Do you try to drink a lot at once? That may be one of the reasons you can't get enough. I generally keep a large bottle filled on my desk at work, and keep chugging it periodically, when I'm staring at the computer. It happens subconsciously now...

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

If you're still not feeling hydrated after 80ozs of water (which is enough provided you weigh 160lb or less) you may have a weird issue that I also have, as do several other women that I know. The more water I drink, the more I crave it and the thirstier I THINK I am. It's actually a pyschological thing. You're not dehydrated, but you need to watch out. If you drink too much water, you'll end up with hyponatremia, which is water intoxication. I've actually been hospitalized for it. I'd suggest mixing it up and drinking coconut water or sucking on ice when you start to think you're thirsty. It helps. So does drinking flavored mineral water. If you need electrolytes, eat salted nuts and a banana. The sodium and potassium should help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Archived