Forums are back in action! ×

I learned something today.

Eddard

My days/workouts/plans don't have to be perfect to be effective.

Today I woke up late, didn't bike to work due to rain, and had a lot of trouble focusing for most of the day. I injured my shoulder on Friday, and it's still bothering me (though feeling a lot better) a bit. I couldn't do pushups (due to said shoulder injury), the field that I usually exercise on was soaked through, and I have a giant-ass 20 page final due on Thursday that I've just barely started.

But I came home from work, threw on some shorts and a tshirt and headed to the field to do something. That something turned out to be one of my favorite quick workouts of the last couple of weeks.

150 jumping jack warmup

5 sets of the following circuit:

10 prisoner squats

10 box jumps

40 yard sprints

That's it. Nothing crazy, but I got to check that box for today. I came home soaked through and feeling awesome. I just ate a great dinner, and now I'm off to work on my paper for the next 4 hours or so. A couple of weeks ago I would have told myself I was too injured to do anything. Too busy to spend exercising. But that's just not true. It was 20 minutes of my time. The day wasn't perfect, but it was better than I could have hoped for just a few short hours ago. So what did I learn?

That something beats nothing every damn day of the week. And perfect is an occasional blip, not an everyday thing. It's the willingness to keep driving forward even when things aren't going your way that really freaking matter.

Rock on rebels.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

Archived