Forums are back in action! ×

Someone keeps hitting refresh on my fitness plans

Hi all. I just found NF today and so far i absolutely love it! I guess a little about myself, I'm 23, the very proud mother of a beautiful soon to be 6 month old girl. I live in books, in fact when I should be sleeping, I'm reading! I'm not much of an xbox/playstation person but I have put quite a few hours on WoW. I work as internet technical support. I am also a horse rider/trainer.

My main goal by coming here is to hopefully get friends that will help me lose this weight. I gained around 45 lbs when I got pregnant, and I was already 30lbs heavier then I wanted to be. So I'm here to lose the weight, but more importantly I want to lose the inches. I've been jumping on and off plans since January and I've seen a total of 20 1/2" of loss. But, I haven't lost a single pound.

I also love meeting and talking to new people and I'm interested in a ton of things! So please, don't be shy. And if you love horses, books, games, or just a good laugh, well I'm your gal.

Toodles,

Dawniegirl

Welcome and i'm sure you will find all sorts of help with your goals here. Just remember to get your diet right first "you can't out run your fork". What sort of plan are you following at the moment?

My family has 5 horses. I think they are awesome animals. What's your favorite book?

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

To be honest, I'm not following a regular plan right now. I've just started running, and trying to cut out as many carbs and processed foods as I can. I'm also trying to kill my soda addiction. I've found that I really like Diet Green Tea in mixed berry flavor. I'm also drinking about 70 oz of water a day. As far as exercise, I'm going to start the Beginner's Body Weight Workout from here.

I love my horses. I think they are some of the smartest animals I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

And I can't honestly tell you my favorite. I currently own around 400 books, ranging from late 1960s publication to the releases from this year. And I like a wide variety of genres also. I think currently one the highest ones on my list would be a book called "Matched" I am also big fan of "Firestarter"

Cutting soda will help bunches. I actually cut it out by drinking perrier, it's carbonated, and it made it so much easier. Not many people, that i've experienced, like it very much. Give it a try though! The lemon lime is probably the best.

When I first started my journey I did a lot of running. I burned out for awhile but I'm back into it now. It's a really great way to start losing some weight. The trick for me was to not do so much that I was miserable. Of course, get a good workout in but make sure it's not absolute torture, lol.

I haven't read either of those books but I'll def give them a look.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I'm not really a fan of carbonated water, or even carbonation period. (really strange I know.) I think it's mostly the sweetness. I used to be incredibly addicted to sweet tea (and I was using like 2 1/2 cups of sugar for a one gallon jug of tea. It was horrid) But I'll definitely give it a shot.

I'm trying to combine running with horse training because I'm hoping then I won't get burnt out. As a kid I never realized how much of a workout riding really is. But since being pregnant I lost pretty much all of my muscle. And I really want to get it back in my legs. I loved my legs so I really want to get them back lol.

Firestarter is by Stephen King. It's really good.

Matched reminds me of 1984 to be honest. In fact its almost exactly like 1984 with a modern twist.

I love Stephen King, and how I missed that I will never know. My favorite by him is The girl who loved Tom Gordon, and the mist.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived