Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the rebellion!

Hey,

Brand new, just discovered NerdFitness not too long ago, been reading through the articles. I love the site.

Where I am currently at is, well.. Bad.

I constantly tell myself that I will 'start tomorrow'. So hopefully becoming an active member of the community will fix that, as I will have my 'support team' :).

I consider myself an amateur cyclist, my goal is to cycle/run/walk 2012km in 2012. ( I also want to be able to participate in the local 25km charity rides, and be able to keep up well!) So far I've managed to do a combined total of 611km so far.

I'm a bit behind on my goal, and it's mainly due to unemployment and Minecraft.

I'm skinny and tall, I'd like to bulk a little, mainly gain lean muscle.

I've also had a few years of experience in Parkour, I want to get back in to that.

I eat pretty badly, so I've started using MyFitnessPal. I'm a vegetarian, so I need to find out more and find something that suits me.

I'm terrible for eating junk food, I used to have good self control, but after not being able to find a job (still looking!), I eat a lot.

I've thrown out all the junk food so far, and I need to cut back on carbs. (Lots of pasta).

I want to increase my fitness.

For motivation I've set up with my partner an Achievement list. With different achievements worth different points, not all just around fitness. I gained the Rider! achievement for an hour straight of road cycling the other night, after being inactive for a while.

tl;dr

Skinny tall, wants to get lean/ripped and fit, especially in terms of cardio. Has had gym experience, and access

Using:

NerdFitness

Achievement List

MyFitnessPal

Runkeeper

I hope to become an active member!

Edit: Adding stats

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 1

My Charisma is low due to my social awkwardness. I need to become more social and talk to people more.

My strength also needs to be raised, and my stamina is pretty good but I will definitely want to improve it.

For Wisdom, I am learning about ancient Greek gods, I've always had an interest in them, and French.

Goals:

Ride 25km without stopping 5 STA

Do 30 pushups 3 STR 2 STA

Cut back on sugar 3 CON

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yanz - Elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 4 (+1) | CHA 1

Do or do not, there is no try.

Forum Intro |

I want to increase my fitness.

For motivation I've set up with my partner an Achievement list. With different achievements worth different points, not all just around fitness. I gained the Rider! achievement for an hour straight of road cycling the other night, after being inactive for a while.

that is an AWESOME idea Yanz, i may steal it.

welcome and welcome!

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Feel free :)

I sorted them into sections, "Personal, Fitness, Travel"

The more difficult they are the more points they're worth, with my partner we have a rewards system, every 100 or 250 points = a task for the other person, amongst other things.

Some ideas are:

Fitness:

Runner! (Run 5k in less than 30 minutes) – 10 Points each time

To the top! (Climb a mountain -scale it) – 50 points

Teammate! (Join an organised fitness/sport group) - 10 Points

Mental:

Avid Reader (Read a book) – 10 points per book

Travel:

OMG THE STARS! (Observe the Milky Way from a dark place outside the city) – 50 points

Explorer (Find a Geo-cache) – 10 points each

Strange lands.. (Travel to a different country!) – 15 points per country

And so on :) If you think of any good ones, please let me know :D

Thank you for the welcome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yanz - Elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 4 (+1) | CHA 1

Do or do not, there is no try.

Forum Intro |

Archived