Forums are back in action! ×

Sub 10-minute mile

Maledictus

Ok, so Roger Bannister could still probably kick my ass but it felt good. Rather than running 2.5 > 3.3 K this morning I decided to just run a mile and see if I could get it under the 10 minutes (the 5k is around 10:48 so I was pretty hopeful). Was most surprised to come in at 8:39. I know that's still pretty pathetic but it's still 2.5 minutes faster than the last time I tried the mile (2 weeks ago) and 4.5 faster than back at the start of April.

Also surprised myself by managing 50 pushups in one go at the first attempt, was planning on working on that during the week as part of the weekly challenge.

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win" Roger Bannister (went to make sure he wasn't dead before claiming he could still beat me, this was at the bottom of the wikipedia page).

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Nicely done! It's good to do an all out test once in a while.

Plus, you know what this means the next goal should be? Sub 27 minute 5K

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Woot!

You didn't just hit that goal, you rocked it!

(I suspect even the dead athletes can beat my pace... for now.)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Thanks to all for the props and I'll let you know what time I manage in the London warrior dash in late June. If I can get into running (thank you, zombies run) there's hope for everybody! ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived