Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for an adventure!

Hey guys, I've posted here a few times before with this story but I completely missed this board somehow!

I'm Blake, And I decided I needed a lifestyle change.

I'm 19, and all my friends say I'm fine, but thats not what counts, I'm unhappy with the way I am.. I know I can be better and I know I can make progress to make myself stronger, faster, more nimble and more agile. I've always wanted to do parkour, to be able to run long distanced, or sprint very fast but at the rate I was going that would going to be impossible.

I'm 19, I'm 6'2, and I'm 270 lbs. I've played football all throughout highschool (currently a freshman in ArtSchool, majoring in Animation) and i've always had quite a bit of muscle and strength, but I was still unhappy. I wanted to be able to run, to jump and to do all kinds of fun activities, not sit in a gym all day and lift weights repetitively. That's when I decided I needed to change.

Since then, with the help of Steve's articles on Nerd-Fitness, I've gone full-paleo with my diet. I'll be running more often at my gym, and most likely going to follow his body-weight routine for beginners. As I progress (and I wont give up until I do), I'll post on here to let you guys know. If any of you can offer my advice, that would be amazing! Thank you all in advance.

Attributes:

STR = 4

DEX = 2

STA = 1

CON = 4

WIS = 2

CHA = 2

Heheh, I initially thought about being a warrior, but what I want right now is to bring my Body Fat Percentage way down. I used to think this was going to be impossible, but reading some of the stories i know if I put my mind to it, and actually stick to it I can get the way I want. I'd like to fit somewhere in the Warrior/Ranger/Assassin field, once I lose the fat and I know I'll be able to choose once I get into doing more exciting activities.

I've been full paleo-diet for the past few days, and i'm enjoying it but I feel a small amount of constant hunger. I've been eating a lot of nuts and fruits, with eggs in the morning mixed with assorted vegetables (Directly into the eggs before I cook them), a lot of turkey and drinking mostly water. (Tea here and there, with no sugar or anything added) Would anyone reccomend that I change anything? My summer job is coming up soon, which is doing Landscaping (Weeding mostly) for eight hours every other day, and I plan to do weights/cardio inbetween my work days.

I think having a race would be fun. xD

How much weight are you planning to lose?

What about a PvP challenge? I think we are pretty much at the same level with running. I'll send you a PM.

I have just read the paleo stuff articles, but ehh. It's not for me, at least not now. I love donuts. :D But I'm sure you'll find a couple of tips on the forums you can use, or just go to the Hunter's Lodge and ask the good fellas here. :))

plantern [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Urban Ranger

| STR 3 | DEX 2| STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 4 |

Tomorrow i'm starting the Beginners Body-Weight Routine, listed on the site by Steve, and I hope that will also help me drop the weight quicker, while getting faster/stronger in the process. I've been eating a lot of grilled chicken, Mixed Vegetables and cut all the crap out of my diet completely. (No sugar, nothing.) and being full Paleo that also means no dairy/grains, so we'll see where I end up in a week. I'll update my progress here.

Archived