Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, I enjoy punching things.

Hi, my name is Cae and I like to punch things in the face. Or, you know, other body parts.

I've done Northern Shaolin style kung fu for two years, Capoeira on and off for three years before that, and tribal fusion belly dance for around six months. Somehow, despite this, I am super weak and sort of flabby. So I've decided that, since I enjoy punching things so much, my next mission is to punch weakness in the face. This will, I hope, strengthen my various martial arts, as well as enabling me to finally start parkour, which I want to do because a) I am proud of my French heritage, B) avoiding conflict is the best way to win, and c) more ladies should do that.

I guess I'm just starting with some fairly basic strength training, and eating things that aren't actively trying to kill me. College has been not so good for my diet, and even less good for my exercise regimen.

Other than punching, my interests include steampunk, cyberpunk, dieselpunk, etc., as well as klezmer music, literary theory, copy editing, trashy space operas and high fantasies, and playing through the entire catalogue of one video game company at a time just because I liked one game they made one time.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome!! Just don't punch me, please.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Did somebody say Bujold? :)

<-----------------------

I love the quote that goes "if you seek peace, prepare for war". It sounds like you're preparing for war and I like it! Welcome to the rebellion iamcae.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Hey hey Iamca--- *Gets Punched in the Face* O.X

OOoooo... Welcome to the Rebellion! We can help you with anything you need from Advice to Motivation via having someone you can punch. Just don't hesitate to ask. Your repertoire of Martial arts is Staggering! That's amazing! I recommend the Monks forum to find other people to join you in punching things. See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks everyone! I've actually never read any Bujold, but I'd love to give her a try. As for me, I've recently I've been on a super political Heinlein kick, more than space operas in general. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is my new favorite revolution novel.

And ocelot, dodging punches is secretly the most fun part of the whole punching thing, in my opinion. We used to have a saying where I did capoeira, "If you get kicked in the head, it's your fault. If you kick someone else in the head, it's your fault." Dodging's really important.

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you'll fit right in, especially with the whole Yiddishe jazz thing. Are you more of a traditionalist (eg. Klezmer Conservatory Band) or do you prefer the wilder stuff like the New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars or The Kabalas?

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

I'm kind of a klezmer newbie, and so far I like a little bit of everything, to be honest. Currently I can't stop listening to Daniel Kahn and the Painted Bird's first album, but the Klezmer Conservatory Band also makes up a sizeable bit of my CD stack. I'd never really listened to the New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars until you mentioned them just now, but wow, that's some fun stuff. Any recommendations?

Don't forget to wrap your hands!!!

I never did that and now my fiancee is riding my because my knuckles are scarred like crazy and no amount of photoshop is going to hide that fact when we take the 'hands with wedding rings on' pictures at the wedding.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Archived