Forums are back in action! ×

Destined to be a BADASS....

I need truth. I need someone to hurt my feelings and tell me like it is. I've started and stopped. Gained weight, lost weight. And the fact that I'm a tattoo artist and hang out, well, with a not so healthy bunch, can sometimes be difficult. I have just recently starting eating paleo again this week with my family. (1200-1400 calories) Damn. It's been a challenge. About a year ago, I managed to drop 15 pounds with Jillian Michaels and a decent eating habit, but managed to gain most of it back due to lack of self control, a few tattoo expos and yeahhh........

I am 5'5", with a lower back injury. (can't do full sit ups and any kind of rolling yoga) I am now 127 pounds. Not super chunky, but definitely not toned. I had two kids, so I got a jiggly tummy and JUNK in the trunk. I started to do the 30 day shred again.... but last time I did it, I lost weight, but didn't tone ANYTHING. Should I keep up the JM video? It seems more like intense cardio? Should I run? Just strength train? I just feel..... weak. :/

I need help. I live in Mexico. There is a language barrier here. And gyms here are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. (try like 100 bucks a month for basic!!!!) So, as for strength training, I'm kinda lost. Any sites for help? routines to look for?

All of you guys here on this site are so motivated!!!!! It's inspiring. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Glad you found the site and welcome! Even without having a proper gym around you can still find effective ways of working out. There are plenty of threads and articles written by Steve about body weight workouts and simple things like that that you can do in your home or any open space. Steve also wrote an article about using a public park as your own gym, Just use the playground equipment as substitutes for gym equipment. I'm sure you will figure something out, but just keep in mind that no matter how much you workout your diet is the most important part of your fitness plan.

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Que bueno en conocerte, vivi en DF por unos años, mi español no es perfecto pero puedo placticar.

Stop being so weak, you are either a perfect gods creation or the work of millions of years of evolution, learn to buck up and act like it!

Picking a routine depends on your goals. You don't want a powerlifting routine if you want to run marathons, you get it.

No comes comida de mierda!

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

Archived