Forums are back in action! ×

SpaceViking spawns on a new map

After finishing his guild training, SpaceViking spent time advancing through the ranks; movinf around between vast farmland, years along a marshy coast, and  some time around the capital city. Finally SpaceViking set out across the plains to where he once faced the mighty ultrabeast among the towering peaks of a rocky mountain range. Here he finds an abundance of opportunities, with many physical challenges to undertake, wonders to explore, thrills to be had, breweries galore, and no shortage of guilds engineering devices to conquer the final frontier for who to work with. This new region provides the perfect setting for satisfying those twin devils on his shoulders of "what's over that ridge?" and "what's around that bend?"

It's been a long time, 7 years actually. Much has changed since then, as one might expect. Last I was here I was training for a Spartan ultrabeast and getting a masters degree. Since then, I've started a career I mostly enjoy, spent too much time at work, started a fun hobby(D&D and 3d printing cosplay stuff), moved around a lot, gotten engaged, lost many people, hit some major lifting goals, ran a few(12) more Spartans, drank too much, worked on cutting edge tech destined for other worlds, gained a few dozen pounds, made a ton of new friends, etc etc.

Fortunately for part of this time I had an awesome coach that helped me stay in decent shape, which home buying finances put a stop to for the time being.

Somewhat funnily I am now back in the mountains of Colorado, which is where I was when I was last posting, this time to stay though. I spent a majority of the intervening years in Iowa, Florida, and for less than a year DC. Due to some unfortunate situations this year I ended up having to leave a dream job and put an abrupt halt in the middle of buying a house. But on the bright side I've moved to my dream location, with plenty of job opportunities in my field.

This has already been a great boost to my health, mentally and physically. It's nice being in a place that provides such easy access to many activities I enjoy, and it feels like everyone here is very active. I still have work to do on myself, but it feels easier here.

• Like 3

Nordic Dwarf, Level 7

Adventurer

|STR-11|DEX-2|STA-5|CON-11|WIS-16|CHA-7|

Character

On 8/3/2024 at 9:14 AM, ViperN7 said:

Welcome back! It sounds like you've had quite the journey. What skills are you leveling these days? Hiking the mountains? Making cosplay? 

Definitely hiking, cosplay is taking a bit of a back burner, I have a helldivers helmet to finish. I'm now starting a full scale r2d2, which will likely take most of the rest of the year. But I'm trying to think of the next skill to level up, it will likely be working on my cardio to push myself further on hikes and build up to running my next Spartan in June.

Nordic Dwarf, Level 7

Adventurer

|STR-11|DEX-2|STA-5|CON-11|WIS-16|CHA-7|

Character

On 8/9/2024 at 12:35 AM, SpaceViking said:

a full scale r2d2, which will likely take most of the rest of the year.

That sounds hard! 

On 8/9/2024 at 12:35 AM, SpaceViking said:

build up to running my next Spartan in June.

And this also sounds very hard! 

Good luck!