Forums are back in action! ×

The Rebellion has Recruited Nick R

I have always been intimidated by forum communities, especially ones with fitness. Even this community took me a bit to say fine I will do it to establish a new connection with like minded (good health inspired) people, not to be confused with my intimidation!

About Me: I was in great shape come high school graduation due to football, sand lot sports and things alike. Then came college. No it wasn't the typical beer and partying, but more so all nighters on school projects and last minute (Procrastinated) video projects. These events happened multiple nights a week and BAM 4 years later +63 pounds. Now it is post college and I am seeing my snorlax like shape wishing it was more like Street Fighters Ryu. So up comes the motivation and down goes 30 pounds using Weight watchers. Yet again BAM Double hernia and 16 weeks with no heavy lifting or "Stress" to the healing process. So back up 20 pounds and plump like Kirby. Since then for the last few months yoyo work-outs and dieting have gotten me no where and I have now hit a Motivational Stride.

I weigh in at 253 and have been significantly changing what I am doing about my weight issue. My goals are to loose 53 pounds, be able to do 10 pull ups, and see an Ab (even if its only one) Start my free lance business and slowly ad hear to the Paleo Diet over time. I know freelance has nothing to do with fitness but I feel it helps with my overall Healthy living goals.

Right now I walk 2 miles everyday during my lunch hour. I am starting the beginners Circuit workout every Monday Wednesday and Friday and will be doing numerous cardio things on the other days. I only eat processed food about 15% if the time. I also keep track of my food intake and fitness through Livestrong.com which is helpful in a Food/Fitness Log type of way. I am off Weight Watchers since the New Weight Watchers does not seem to be as good as the old.

Sorry for the long post as I am very Long Winded, but also very excited to start and maintain this new healthy life style and fight off all of those self made excuses and procrastination.

Good luck! I went through some of the same weight gain after my first couple years of college...put on probably 30 ish pounds during my second year, lost it the wrong way that summer then put it back on after my third year (of course mine was less staying up all night doing homework and more beer and chinese food related). But anywho after awhile this being healthy thing just becomes habit and it's hard to break so just keep working hard and you'll hit your goals before you know it. Let me know if you need some help and good luck again!

Thanks for all of the Great responses. I look forward to Seeing Positive changes and Ocelot I have a Plan already for the before and after pictures.:smug: Erik I cannot agree more, Lunch walks are great. I always walk or workout before I eat so it gets my appetite going. Sagat is going down haha

Archived