Forums are back in action! ×

Finding a site called "Nerd Fitness" is the definition of awesome!

Hello All!

My name is Erik and I hail from the icy tundra of Minneapolis Minnesota! Actually, it's a lovely 80 degrees out today. Anywho, I was thrilled to find this community. About a year ago, I decided to make a change and get active for the first time since I was about sixteen. Last May, I weighed 263 pounds, drank like my life depended on it, and was a two pack a day smoker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3494[/ATTACH]

My driver's license photo from last May. I look like Peter Griffin's real life brother.

I finally got sick of it. Sick of feeling like I was being looked down on at work. Sick of feeling petrified to even talk to a woman. Sick of the comments my family made. Sick of all of it. So, I decided to do something about it. Firstly, I quit smoking completely and severely cut my alcohol intake. Then I bought a bike and vowed to bike commute the twenty two mile round trip to work every day. Rain, snow or shine I have done it! Only recently have I started to add body weight exercises and free weights into the mix. I still have a way to go but I really have taken a lot of inspiration from reading a lot of your stories and it keeps me wanting to get out and get on that bike. Thank you all and Steve Kamb in particular for inspiring me to keep going!

post-6966-13567243907585_thumb.jpg

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. -Dalai Lama

Archived