In my neck of the woods school starts this week and also all the year long activities start, so I have no choice but to follow a schedule or things are going to get hectic fast. 

Update my calendar, make a meal plan that people will eat*, get up and go to the gym,

Make boundaries about going to the gym/running, part of that is making sure meals and clothes are prepped the night before and telling someone "No that I am going to bed at X time because I get up at X time and need this amount of sleep. " I know me

* There is a certain person that makes trying to eat healthy almost impossible, so I'm going to work with the other people in the house to come up with a list of fast easy healthy food, that can be made in under 30 minutes, and crockpot meals 

• Like 3

Went to the gym this morning, while on the treadmill I was trying to class myself and basically check most of  the boxes on all of them.  Runner, hiker, photographer, DIY artist, coach, cook/baker,  gardener, researcher, finder of things,  avid reader, skilled in two forms of grappling,  student. cpr/first aid trained

Taking it slow on the come back, three events left, one in a few weeks, one with family and one that I just want to do better than I did last year while dressed as Olaf. 

2.25miles, warm up at 9:40 a mile, did last 1.25 miles at 8:30. 8:30 didn't feel bad on the legs so that gives me hope that as long as I work on it I will back to 8:30 pace in no time. 

3 sets of 5 pull ups, 5 push ups, 5 body weight squats, did 5,5,5-3,5,5-2,5,5 once I get to 5-5-5 I will add more until I get to 10-10-10

One of my forms of grappling is wrestling,  because we had practice at the Elementary school we had didn't have a weight room, so a lot of our work outs consisted of Cardio and Body weight work outs, and one brutal one he made us do was a Countdown drill starting at 10 and counting down consisting of Burpees with push ups, push ups, sit ups, squats, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, spins 

So besides the Spins, I going to try to do that work out once a week, and name it after my former coach. 

• Like 2

Day 2 of getting to the gym, was only going to do 20 minutes on the treadmill until I saw the Women's 1500 start and decided to keep going until it finished. 

I like to play a game where you have to cook a complete meal for 4 under $10, but I needed to get egg noodles and optioned for the frozen veggies over the can so I went $1.66 over, for two chicken breasts that I cut into filets, a bag of egg noodles and a bag of corn, carrots, green beans and peas. 

• Like 1

While printing stuff for the kids for school I found the logo for the old Running Club that me and my brother created, so I just need to get some Orange T-shirts and we are in business; also in honor of my brother I am going to put the #988 on the back of it I am also toying with the idea of ripping off the sleeves and writing inspiring lyrics on it with magic marker.  Give it the real punk rock pirate running club vibe.

Have made it to the gym 4 out of the past 6 days went running with the dog once and plan on doing a lunch time run today in the beautiful weather. 

So keeping on track for the fall running plan, which will hopefully keep me going through the winter, made plans with my work running group to get back into racing shape while we still can. Which I know I can do and I know how to do it, so having 3 other people going after the same goal and going for a run them weekly will give me some needed accountability. 

I have six weeks to our family 5k where will use the shirts, and in honor of my brother I feel like I should have the gun show ready. So going to focus on push ups, pull ups , curls and rows for the next few weeks along with the running.  

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

My health insurance does virtual therapy sessions, so I just signed up for that. waiting to hear back

Over the weekend I did my hometowns 5k for the 29th year in a row. If I can stay healthy :knockonwood: I hope to keep running into my 80's like a few other local runners, which would put me close to 70 years if not over, as along as they keep having the event.