Slightly late challenge wrap up post!

Things did not go at all how I expected, but I think I'm getting back on track.

So far on the new diet I have lost 7 lbs.  With the lack of groceries, I have gone back up a little bit as I flail in the general direction of the diet, but it's not by a whole lot.  I did get the grocery list sorted - it was a lot less intimidating once I realized the week 1 list had a bunch of dry goods for the entire month, not just the week.  Didn't go grocery shopping yet, because my Sunday evening got taken up with unplanned medical stuff.

Little One took a weird fall during the scrimmage right at the end of practice, and slammed his head into the ground.  He came and sat down, with a headache, for the rest of practice.  Then, right after we walked out of the building, he ran back in to throw up.  So, off to urgent care we went.  Which ended up being way more time consuming than expected, because apparently the "walk in" place near us takes appointments and can fill up.  The doctor said it was likely he had a minor concussion.  Blergh.  I have a whole bunch of complicated emotions about that that I'm trying to work through, with mixed success.  But, after coming home from school early Monday and staying home yesterday, he got cleared by his regular doctor to start doing things again as long as he doesn't have a headache (and sit out if he gets one).  So that's good news!  Just need to get him a new helmet before Sunday, so he can skate in the fundraiser.

Haven't gotten my regular exercise habit back on track yet, but I am having success with sneaking stuff in - like walking for 45 minutes while on the phone with my best friend.

Slowly getting my shit back together, likely just in time for it to be upended again, because 10% of the company I work for is getting laid off.  But, maybe this time I can use the couple months I have before things go crazy (because I will be shocked if I don't end up getting another layoff notice) to build habits that will survive the chaos.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)