Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone tried NikeFuel Band?

I'm hoping someone responds. My girlfriend thought they sounded cool. I was considering one as a gift, but not if they're just fancy pedometers.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

My friend has one and loves it, it's quite sleek and the software/iOS app are very flashy and pretty. It counts steps, calories, and the magic "Nike Fuel" number, and has a nice social network aspect to it so if you and your friends all get one it'll be fun to compare stats and such.

I, however, decided on a Fitbit Ultra instead, after doing comparisons. The big thing Nike Fuelband doesn't do that I'd want is incorporate diet. I've been counting calories using MyFitnessPal, and the Fitbit syncs up with MFP automatically, so it made the most sense to me. I just hope I can remember to keep the Fitbit with me. Tomorrow's my birthday, and I'm anticipating it as a present :)

Level 1 Human Adventurer MoFro!

STR 2 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 3 WIS 5 CHA 2

Check out my six-week quest here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10968-MoFro-s-Quest!&p=154149

Full-size versions of my avatar which I created!

For guys: http://imgur.com/Tmato

For the ladies: http://imgur.com/mSoVM

Sounds interesting - I'm always up for new tools.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Sorry I missed this post earlier - I've had my Nike Fuelband since they were first available in the US. I really like mine. It is not perfect (no water sports calculated) and since I wear mine all day I wish it was a bit more attractive (I work in a casual office so it blends), but overall it "makes" me hit goals.

For the last two months I've upped my daily fuel goal by 100 each month, and there have been times when I've gone for a walk or worked out when I really didn't care to just to hit my number for that day. I like the interface with iPhone and computer (I even like the cheesy little guy that jumps up and down and congratulates me). I've met my goal 55 days in a row, so I just keep on going.

I do not use the community compeat feature (i.e. with random peeps or friends around me) - I'm a little too private for that and none of my friends have one. Basically, I figure if the Fuelband "makes" me work out 1 extra time a week it is worth the $150 investment. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

1) It seems expensive

2) but seems to be a good motivational kick for some people. If your standing at the lift, notice your nike band - you may be prompted to take the stairs ( the bracelet represents a commitment to fitness - and looks cool too.)

3) not sure if I'd buy one, but have thought about it....alot.

Unit562, level 4 Clone Ranger

STR 7.5 | DEX 2 | STA 5.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10  | CHA 6

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5

Ranger Guild image

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

A good plan executed well is ALWAYS better than the most perfect plan not executed at all.

Archived