Heyooo I'm posting so late I'm gonna wind up just moving this to the new forums in a week oops

Soooooo I'm Maggie, some stuff has Happened and i haven't been around here consistently at all. Quick catch up:

Not really relevant, but have adjusted my lgbtq+ identity. Still asexual but am also definitively lesbian, also genderqueer/nonbinary. Still don't care what pronouns people use for me. Been experiencing what I guess is considered dysphoria. That's been interesting.

Turned 28. Had a really, really, really shitty experience involving some sexual harassment but I think i handled it pretty well. 

Diagnosed with Bipolar 2 but I think that was before I fell off the forums. Currently managing that decently with meds

Going to Atlanta pride next week

Got my hair died for the first time

Next month will be one year at my job, I do all the customer service at the insurance agency I work for. I'm very good at my job. 

I like to paint and craft and go to the beach, I want to visit the mountains.

The weekend of my birthday, my brother attempted to attempt suicide (he had a plan, but part of the plan was interrupted, so he called to tell me he couldn't figure out how to proceed) so he was briefly hospitalized and is now on meds and has appointments with a counselor...I'm hoping things improve because home life has been abysmal of late

I have plans to move out in 2026, moving to New York (I'm in Alabama right now) to move in with my girlfriend. That's mainly a matter of finances and saving up

I'm also making plans to visit new york either next month or in 2025 depending on how the timing works out 

My main goals are fitness and finances and I'll be addressing those some more later on but just wanted to make this catch up post 

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

Also, the Challenge 0 thing....I'm doing essentially a hard reset. The Atlanta trip is next weekend (leaving Friday after work) which coincides with when the next challenge here starts 

For finances the first thing I'm doing is finishing up debt payoff, I have like...$2500ish to pay back. That'll be done by February. The intent is to still be putting some money aside for the move 

The other big thing I need to do is get the car refinanced into my brother's name because he's the one driving it and his event over the birthday weekend scared me. If he does something in that car it'll be on me because the car is registered in my name. That's what happened last time soooo...yeah gotta fix that

Fitness is the other thing bc again i really hate my body right now and I want to be fit and strong. For that I'm using dumbbells and walking and I actually found out there's a rock climbing area here so I'll be checking that out

• Like 2

Miau!! You are Going Through It!!  ?  

chaos-office.gif

All I can say is I love you and I'm so, so very glad you're going to get out of Alabama and start fresh - you've desperately needed that kind of a clean break for a long time.  ❤️  I'm so sorry your brother decided to burden you with his unaliving attempt and I hope you're taking care of your heart and mind in the wake of that. And I love your space shirt!  :D 

I'm not on the forums much these days but I'm sending love from afar as you get swole in body, mind and spirit!

• Like 3

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

10 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Miau!! You are Going Through It!!  ?  

chaos-office.gif

All I can say is I love you and I'm so, so very glad you're going to get out of Alabama and start fresh - you've desperately needed that kind of a clean break for a long time.  ❤️  I'm so sorry your brother decided to burden you with his unaliving attempt and I hope you're taking care of your heart and mind in the wake of that. And I love your space shirt!  :D 

I'm not on the forums much these days but I'm sending love from afar as you get swole in body, mind and spirit!

Omg HIIIIIIIIIII it's good to see you! I hope you and babie are doing well!

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Mia. Are you feeling any better?

Hi Sal! Aye, I wound up leaving early and going back to the hotel while B finished the shows. I wasn't really Upset so much as very overstimulated and there wasn't a good place to kinda chill out. The walk back was good though; it was right at two miles, using GPS to navigate back to the hotel. I was nervous a couple times but made it back safe ? in the morning we're going to the parade and variety show

• Like 1

Back from pride! I learned some things while there,,,,

Next time I definitely need to be more prepared going in, with a collapsible chair, a cooler with water/snacks so as to not have to pay for those things, and it's worthwhile to get the VIP Pass for access to the better bathrooms bc a contributing factor to the panic attack was the swarm of people going in and out of those awful little port-a-toilets (which I already despise) and then also the crush of people at the food and drink vendors

After the first hour or so I was just in sensory hell lol

I'd also bring better headphones next time for sure. 

But overall it was fun! I noped out of the concerts bc they were just too loud, but I really enjoyed just walking around and seeing everything and watching everyone dance and have a good time. The parade was fun too ? I'm off work today to chill out and recompose so that's nice, going to clean and probably make some spaghetti 

• Like 1

New boards aren't up yet but my goals are pretty simple

- No gluten, I've been living in Tummy Hurty Zone for no valid reason and need to cut it out.

- Track food/water/write down approximate calories/protein. My doctor requested I do so and I proceeded to not do it so, fixing that. I'm supposed to aim for 90 protein but that feels too ambitious right now so I'm just going to drink my little protein shake every day and build from there.

- Do the daily workout in my dumbbell journal 5x weekly. Weekends will be reserved for going out and about and Chilling

The rest of the month is pretty busy. This weekend we have the Montgomery Pride Gala (it feels like B and I have hit up all the pride events lol) and then the festival/parade. It should go better because these aren't all day events. 

Then we have trunk or treat at work the following weekend, then a little break before we go back to Georgia as a day trip to see Out Front Theater perform Hairspray 

• Like 1