Forums are back in action! ×

Yet another Newbie

Hi Everyone!

I am the mother of three children - two of which have left home and a toddler. Yes, I have a toddler at 47!! But, he is the light of my life and I love him dearly.

I love, love, love to sew, craft, and read.

I have always been effortlessly skinny and have been able to eat anything I wanted. I was always active but never had to really work at it. I loved dancing as a child and continued it through my teenage years.

As I got older, got married, had kids and subsequently gained weight., I just looked better - not so boney. I filled out. I had jobs that kept me on my feet all day walking so again, I didn't have to worry about food or exercise. My natural body did its natural thing.

This all changed though, when I got a desk job at 37. The weight slowly crept on and before I knew it, I was overweight.

At 44, I got pregnant. It was a huge surprise. However, I developed gestational diabetes and worked with a Nutritionist to change my diet. I immediately lost 10 pounds in two weeks on this diet and we had to adjust my calorie intake due to the pregnancy.

Luckily, I have a healthy boy but not a healthy weight. Being an older parent, I now worry about living long enough to see him grow up - let alone keeping up with a growing child.

I have been inconsistent in my MFP journey and the weight keeps piling on. That needs to stop! I'm going to get healthy again and I determined to make it happen.

Why I Want To Get In Shape

I want to live to dance at my young son's wedding.

I want to avoid diabetes that runs in my family.

I want to be able to sew my clothes without having to make a bunch of adjustments to the patterns to fit my ballooning body.

I want to be an example to my little boy to have a healthy lifestyle.

My Inspirations

Everyone who has successfully lost weight and is keeping it off.

My little boy.

My former body - when I was about 33 years old. I was in great shape!

Darn desks. I think they're like lightening rods for calories.

I love that your 33 year-old body is one of your inspirations. That's a great way to put it!

"The Force give me the patience to hold my tongue when I can't change something, the courage to kick @$$ when I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. "

PR: 10k 1:54:00; 5k 0:54:34; 1m 16:20; Chinup 51%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazon Adventurer

STR: 2 ¦ DEX: 4 ¦ STA: 1 ¦ CON: 1 ¦ WIS: 6 ¦ CHA: 3

Same Shirt, Different Day

Archived