Elennare Dips a Toe in the Mediterranean

No, not literally.  No more travel for a while, please. :)

My big goal for this challenge is to follow The Flat Belly Diet, which is a slightly tweaked version of the mediterranean diet.  I started it pretty close to the end of the last challenge, lost of bunch of weight right off the bat, then had some issues getting groceries so ended up with a week and a half or so of kind of flailing in the direction of the diet and gained back about 2 of the pounds I lost.  But I got the groceries sorted, so I'm ready to start back up with it!

My minor goal is to get back to my habit of daily exercise.  I finally made it to derby practice last night, and it was great.  The group that was there was a much more mixed-level bunch than the A-team heavy crowd at the scrimmage I attended, and I fit right in.  But, my endurance sucks!  Which is what happens when you take three-ish months off. ? So, got to work on that, somehow.

And, ideally, I'm also going to figure out how to chaos-proof all of this.  Because right now is probably the calmest things are going to be, and there's a decent chance I'm going to be out of a job in a few months.  I should find out mid-November.  And if you've been following me at all, you know that I moved my family across the country at the end of July to start a new job because at the end of April I got told I was getting laid off but then they found me a new position and just transferred me to it in May.  There will be no new position to be transferred to this time around if I get another lay off notice.  Fun fun!

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Had a somewhat busy weekend, which included helping my dad hang a gutter along the front of his house, going to the pumpkin patch, Little One's skate-a-thon, and a trip to the doctor for Little Bug (yay! wait...).  Little One is almost recovered from the concussion, and the biggest challenge currently is making sure he doesn't do too much and thus prolong the recovery.  Little Bug injured his toe a couple weeks ago, and it has turned into a rather nasty infection.  Hopefully we caught it in time for the medicine to clear it up without the need for more invasive interventions. 😬 Apparently I need to make everyone in the family staying healthy a goal, but with the way things have been going, there's no way I'd be able to hit that one!

I did not get food around on Sunday night, so I wasn't able to start back up with the diet on Monday.  But there was no way I was letting it slide again, so I made sure to get things around for today before I went to bed, and I am officially back on my diet as of today. :)

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)