IMG_7888.gif.5a90ac559ef634390c1d17e1feb36975.gif

If it ain’t broke, why fix it? The List is working for me and I think I can do 45 stars again. I’m challenging myself to get more of my one-offs this time, though.

I’m starting the challenge with a weekend out of town for a costumes-encouraged trail race! It’s probably my #3 favourite trail on the Island and Mr. Radost and I will make a whole weekend of it, hit our favourite brewpub and make time for a long walk on the beach. I’m pretty worried about my Problem Foot, I had a return last weekend of the stabbing pain in my heel. Last time, I was okay to run again after a week of calf and IT-band stretches, so I’m hoping it will be fine. The aid station is supposed to be at km 5 and when I’ve had this problem it’s kicked in at around the 4.5km mark, so if I have to bail I should be able to make it there. Ughhhh I just hate not knowing. 8k on fairly challenging ground at the lake was fine at the beginning of the month. Then 4K on an easy chip trail was not. Same shoes, same general activity level (maybe slightly less before the bad run, I skipped my Thursday short run that week). The only difference I can think of is that I had eased off to maybe 30% less calf stretching and skipped the IT band stretches. 

This challenge may also see the beginning of Festive Baking Season, right at the end. And Balkan Babes are performing at a local cafe on the 22nd, so I’ll have lots of tunes handy to Buff The Party. 

Main goals

🌟 Seek and defeat evil

Exercise every week. The expectation is 2/week of run, bike, hike (seek evil), yoga, or strength (defeat evil)

🌟 Regain spells

Meditate 10 mins every week

🌟 Lesser Restoration 

At least 3 stretching/rolling sessions for my Problem Leg

🌟 Buff the party!

Music. The expectation is 2h choir + 1/2h  other practice.

🌟 Protect the party coffers

Fun money <$75/week

🌟 Side Quests

Home Projects and less-prioritized hobbies (gardening, painting, sewing, decorating, unfucking) 1 hour per week

Bonus

🌟 Action Surge

Additional effort on weekly goals

Spoiler

meditation: 1 session 🌟 / 2-4 sessions 🌟🌟 / 5+ sessions 🌟🌟🌟

exercise: 1-2 sessions  🌟  / 3+ sessions  🌟  🌟 

music: 2/.5h 🌟 / total 4h including some personal 🌟🌟 / total 6h including some personal 🌟🌟🌟

hobbies/home projects: + 🌟  for each hour spent on a different task

🌟🌟  Patrol the Hinterlands

Adventures outside the city or my comfort zone 

🌟 Satisfy the Alderman that Evil Has Been Vanquished 

Aka POIDH

🌟 Adventurers assemble!

I don’t know if there will be more West Marches this challenge, but I can get a star here for successes that don’t otherwise fit my goals (such as the hydration challenge last time)

One offs/Special

🌟🌟🌟 If I complete at least 3 ☄️ tasks

🌟🌟🌟 If I do a Low-Sugar day every week (unsweetened coffee and tea) 

🌟🌟 ☄️Tab Clearing (at least 20) (yes, this is still hanging around)

🌟🌟 ☄️Turn over veggie patch

🌟🌟 Festive Baking (Big Festive Event is early this year so I might start baking and freezing in the last week of this challenge)

🌟🌟  If I do strength training every week

🌟🌟 Paint a mini start to finish (repeatable)

🌟🌟☄️ build and stock new upstairs shelves

🌟☄️  Unfuck the doll collection or Konmari/put away CDs

🌟☄️ Order a cushion for the upstairs chair

🌟 (major) Sewing project completion bonus (repeatable)

🌟☄️  Research conspiracies

2h+ period spent on game prep (repeatable)

45 stars: A! Prize will be booking an hour off work one afternoon in December. Bonus: if I make my budgeting challenge, I’ll take $20 out of the bank to put in a Sooper Sekrit Savings Jar for a large fun purchase I’d like to make in the next year or so. 

30 stars: B! No prize but the satisfaction of knowing I “passed” my challenge!