Forums are back in action! ×

First Dance Solo woot!

a little background-

this week is my 1 year, Belly-versary (1 year belly dancing). And in the past few weeks, my teacher leveled me up in classes, I auditioned and got into a Troupe, I organized and ran a Flash Mob, and now this:

Last night was the Hafla we threw for our Beneficiary as part of the Shimmy Mob events (we raised $1381 for one of our local women's and children's shelters! WOOT!)

So, not only was it my first time planning and organizing a Hafla-

I performed my first Belly Dance solo!

I got many compliments last night, and am still getting them this morning. Im absolutely glowing over this! People were genuinely shocked that it was my first solo! (which of course made me feel incredible!)

I still have lots to work on, but Im truly loving what Im doing with this, and proof: here you go!

Here's one of me being MC for the evening and having a grand ole' time- CLICKY HERE

#1 of Me Dancing_ CLICKY HERE

#2 of Me Dancing- CLIKY HERE

and once I get the snippet of video from my friend, I'll link that :)

and I will admit that during the middle of the song- the sound system blew in the restaurant, so I was standing there, and the audience started clapping, so I gave them.... THE GUN SHOW! :) they loved it! (Im trying to see who got pics of that!)

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

Archived