Forums are back in action! ×

Ready for a new begining

About a year ago, I realized I needed to make some serious lifestyle changes. I was 5'7 and 211 pounds. I had no energy and was seriously depressed. As many people do I took comfort in sweets, and to make matters worse, I never set foot in a gym... or really did anything.

So far I've come a long way. I'm now 169 pounds and 20% body fat. I have completely fallen in love with cycling and kickboxing, but I'd like to get more into weight training, and achieve a better body composition.

My goals by the end of the summer:

Be able to do a pull up

Drop to 15% body fat

Run the Rebel Race in August

In the meantime, I'm trying to not shy away from the free weights at the gym (however I always feel awkward surrounded by all the big muscular guys) and I'm putting a big focus on cleaning up my diet

wow congrats! Sounds like you are doing great! I just started here today...been working out pretty steadily for the last month and can't loose weight. Somebody told me about the paleo "lifestyle" (it can't just be a diet!) so I googled it and landed on this website. Must say - I fell in love with Steve and his writing skillz - and his Lego pics helped too! ;) But he made it all make sense to me! And I have been doing the organic and no preservatives or high fructose corn syrup for awhile but it's time to go beyond that! So hopefully in a year or less I can be where you are at! Keep it up = and I'm always looking for a chat buddy to swap recipes!

Archived