Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the future.

Greetings, Pastlings.

I bring you salutations from the future and how amazing it is. There are so many great things here. You can ride on rainbows, instead of highways, oceans are made crystal clear drinkable water, (don't worry, the fish are still alive, they have become accustomed to everything) and best of all, everyone is in shape and healthy. If you want to know more about the future, you could always come and PM me later. But now I digress, I have been sent back here from the future because I wanted to help my past self overcome the initial roadblocks that kept me from getting to where I am now...which is the future...not the present...which would be the past...or something. So as I sit here talking with my past self, we will go ahead and describe our likes and what we do for the introductory section of this forum.

Generics:

Name: Brandon (You can call me Brandon, or Ink, or whatever you please.)

Location: Bullhead City, AZ (It's only an hour from Las Vegas, NV)

Birthday: Oct. 20, 1985.

Favorite Books: The Dresden Files

Favorite Music: The Shins, The Kooks, Snow Patrol, The Decemberists, M83, The Naked and Famous, Of Monsters and Men, Young the Giant

Favorite Foods: Meat. Lots and lots of Meat.

Favorite Video Games: RPGs, FPS, RTS, MMOs (Name it, I probably played it)

Favorite Hobbies: Martial Arts, Computers, Cooking, Playing Pool, Filming, Post-Production

Occupation: Aspiring Filmmaker, director, VFX Artist, Script Writer

Martial Arts Taken: Kendo (9-years), Tae Kwon Do (3-years), Chung Do Kwan (2-years), Okinawa-te (1-year)

Body Stats:

Current Weight: 270

Current Height: 6' 4"

Current BMI: TBA

Goals:

Short Term: Lose 50lbs.

Long Term: Hit 200lbs completely toned.

If you have any questions for me or just want to talk, either post them here, or you can send me a PM. I hope you all have a good day and find your goals. Now that I have slapped my past self on the back, I'm going back to the future (Eh, eh, see what I did there?) to go ride on some Rainbow Roads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

Welcome Ink! Since you live so close to Vegas, you must visit often? When you do visit, you should have All You Can Eat Korean BBQ if you haven't already! If you like them... It's just cooking endless amount of meat :P ... But I guess that's not so good for your diet... sorry for the temptation....

Anyways, good luck to you and I wish I can live the future too. :( I love rainbows..

Awesome intro! :D And great taste in music!

I haven't heard of okinawa-te - I'm wondering if it's like what Mugen in Samurai Champloo does (if you're familiar with that anime)?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Cactuar Adventurer

STR 2.75 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.5

(+1 WIS for Week 1 Mini Challenge)

My current challenge thread

Welcome aboard from another greater Vegas resident.

I live in California, about three hours away from Vegas.

What is Las Vegas like in the future?

hot. :P

Wow, the future is here!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Dude, absolutely awesome goals! I really look forward to seeing your progress as you move closer towards them. My very best of luck to you bro. Also, your music picks are beyond boss!

Thanks a ton, I appreciate the encouragement. I just had a short vacation in San Diego, so now I am back on track and everything is looking positive.

Welcome... uh... both of you. =D

We live to serve.

Welcome Ink! Since you live so close to Vegas, you must visit often? When you do visit, you should have All You Can Eat Korean BBQ if you haven't already! If you like them... It's just cooking endless amount of meat :P ... But I guess that's not so good for your diet... sorry for the temptation....

Anyways, good luck to you and I wish I can live the future too. :( I love rainbows..

Yeah, I visit when I can, although that is not enough really. I'm a HUGE sushi fan and there is some amazing sushi places up there. And All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ sounds...delicious. Now I want some. The Future me would like to slap you. But I believe he is giving in.

Awesome intro! :D And great taste in music!

I haven't heard of okinawa-te - I'm wondering if it's like what Mugen in Samurai Champloo does (if you're familiar with that anime)?

Thanks and thanks! :D Okinawa-te is a form is Karate. It's a satsujinkin type of martial art, focused mostly on taking out an opponent and keeping him on the floor either permanently or until you can get out of there. It was developed in Okinawa (obviously) by farmers who were oppressed and couldn't learn martial arts to defend themselves. So they studied with farm tools and kept a record of everything. It's really interesting and if you have a chance to try it out, I would recommend it.

Welcome aboard from another greater Vegas resident.

I live in California, about three hours away from Vegas.

What is Las Vegas like in the future?

Good evening, fellow person from the past. Vegas in the future has no more actual lights, as soon as you enter the city, you are sucked away into a 4 dimensional space where everything is transmitted to your brain and leaves your mind open to all possibilities. You can even have super powers. I personally like the power I have developed. It allows me to slap anyone, anywhere and at any time I want. So those little [expletive deleted] who drive on your butt and then cut you off for no reason? SLAP! That one lady who walks out in front of your car when you are 20 feet away driving at 60 MPH? SLAP! A mime? SLAP! It has amazing purposes.

hot. :P

As stated above, there is no hot, there is only Zuul.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

Archived