Forums are back in action! ×

CodePrincess reporting for duty!

Hi all!

I'm a nerd. I love fitness.

I'm a software developer and gamer from South FL. I used to lead a fairly lazy, gaming, TV watching, hot pocket hoarking lifestyle until I went on vacation to the Bahamas in late 2010 and came back with a picture of a greased pig laying on the rocks at the beach. Wait...that wasn't a greased pig....that was ME! :: GASP ::

It was time to make a change for me and my fatty husband. When we met 11 years ago, we were pretty darn smokin' hot. What had we done? Oh noes! Yeah. So we ditched our cable plan so we could afford a trainer in June 2011 and never looked back.

I have lost 30lbs to date and went from 38% BF to 24%. Today, I'm going to sign up for 3 months of CrossFit to try out a new challenge.

I love Nerd Fitness, great blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know the community. It's nice to have some like-minded people to talk to who enjoy the same things as I do. Most of my nerd friends think I'm some kind of a gym rat jock freak now. Being healthy is now the true game!!!

(I'm a big liar....I don't want to be healthy....I just want to not feel self-conscious at Halloween when I'm dressed up as an Orion Slave Girl or Alexstrasza or Xena...psh...no...I kid...I kid...or do I?)

Most of my nerd friends think I'm some kind of a gym rat jock freak now. Being healthy is now the true game!!!

I totally understand how you feel! One of my friends is always saying, "you're going to die anyway. Just enjoy now." But I feel like I will enjoy so much better things by being healthy. I sometimes like eating junk food (Nutella Bread pudding...YUM!), but to me, that's okay to have a little when I'm fit because I know I will burn it off. And it's easier when I have been working out regularly. So I totally agree with you there! So good luck with Crossfit!

Archived