Forums are back in action! ×

Hey All!

I just changed jobs and decided a change in lifestyle was necessary. (Sad anecdote: It got really bad when one week I didn't order my regular delivery pizza and the next week the delivery man asked if I was alright since he hadn't seen me the week before)

I've been somewhat overweight but my metabolism never really let it get out of hand. I found some pictures a couple months ago from high school that really show how much weight I put on. You could definitely see it my face so I decided to do something about it. I used to be exercising (soccer, cross country, volleyball, lacrosse, rugby) 2+ hours a day 5-6 days a week; since grad school and my old job I lost all desire to move after I was done for the day.

I tried weightwatchers for a couple weeks and I wound up being hungry every day and not losing weight. I switched my diet over to primal, got the new job with the better schedule and have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Huzzah! I've also been doing some bodyweight workouts irregularly. I've never felt comfortable in a gym but I'm going to try it to start doing some of the weight workouts.

So anyway, my goals and part of the reason for joining NF are:

• Get back down to about 160-165 lbs.
  • Bodyweight workouts 3x a week, weight workout 1x a week to start
  • Find an activity to have fun with (i.e. soccer, volleyball, etc)

Hopefully, you'll see me posting actively to keep myself motivated. If I post something and you have suggestions/advice, feel free to let me know, I always appreciate discovering new things. If there's anything going on in the SE PA/Philly area let me know! I'm always up for meeting new people

Everyone falls, fails, disappoints themself at some point. The key is getting up, trying again, working harder - to prove to yourself that you are stronger than you ever thought.

Archived