Forums are back in action! ×

Kaylith has joined the rebellion!

Heya NF! You can call me Kaylith, and I'm glad to be here. I'm a 27 year old college student studying Sociology with a minor that is yet to be decided in either public policy or business. I am just starting week 3 of being paleo (having even convinced my partner to go along for the ride with me!) and my strength/cardio plan at the gym. I focus on strength training and body weight workouts for the most part in my routine and my trainer's all for that. I'm excited to say that as of this week I can complete 2 sets of 5 90 lb. seated rows (among other things!)--a personal best so far.

I'm your average run-of-the-mill gamer, and MMO's are my poison. WoW specifically. (Although I play console games and other PC games, as well.) I used to be in a raiding guild and was the best healer in my guild before realizing how many hours I'd absolutely wasted playing WoW for the last year, being surrounded by people who put the game before everything else. I got a wake-up-call in April, when I lost my grandmother to cancer. I got another one when my partner burst into tears and pleaded with me that we had to do something to become healthier...That she couldn't lose me, and I had to try. I knew I couldn't say no, then.

For more backstory, I have no grandparents left. My aunt died at 46 due to weight related complications, and every time I looked in the mirror, I saw her. Worse...My family did, too. I don't want to die in 19 years. Not by a long shot. I have a lot of living left to do, and I knew if I didn't change something--I'd probably be dead. Sure, all my blood tests checked out, I was "healthy, just fat"--whatever. I could keep that up for now, but 10 years down the road? Probably not. I didn't want to be shoveling dirt into my own coffin. Finding out I am allergic to wheat/gluten and dairy sealed my paleo diet plan, and it's going very well.

I want to start doing Crossfit in the fall, or MMA. Either one. That's my goal for September, as well as starting and completing my Fall semester with nothing less than a 3.0 GPA if I can help it. I'm also applying for entry to colleges in New Zealand to be with my partner, so that's on the table too. My Summer is going to be spent at the gym, running my magazine, and working my 'fun money' job.

Nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to possibly checking out some Boston/Cape Cod meetups!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Elven Ranger

STR 3||DEX 2||STA 3||CON 3||WIS 2||CHA 2

"Do or do not, there is no try."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

"Love conquers all." <3 Xanthe 05/23/07 <3

Back Squat: 85# Deadlift: 185#

http://the-original-kaylith.tumblr.com/

Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you might need from Advice to motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! For now look through some of the articles of NF and make specific goals for your life and make sure to stick to them, and we'll help out with the rest! You're more than welcome here! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Great intro! I have to say I definitely identify with the not-dying motivation. I'm socking away a bunch of money in my 401K, and it's going to really piss me off if I don't live to spend every last penny.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived