Forums are back in action! ×

Appalachian Trail

carmstr4

Anyone on here ever hiked the AT? I've done small day hike portions, but I'd like to do more. I live pretty much right on the trail, but I don't have time to do a thru hike. I'd consider section hiking TN or NC, but want to avoid the Smoky Mountains while hiking with my dog.

Just looking to hear from others.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty close to the AT, and kind of embarrassed that I've hiked less than an hour on it.

After reading Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods, I realized I probably wouldn't enjoy thru hiking it, but I'd love to section hike more.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

I used to live basically ON the AT. I've done many many bike rides and hikes on it. I love it to death. I was always in the Damascus-Abingdon, VA area for it though.

NOTE: I'm not saying you do this but please if you are going to be on it pronounce it properly. It's Ap-ah-lah-chun not Ap-a-lay-shun. I've even heard Bones pronounce it wrong. :( /facepalm

The Curse

Dwarf Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 6 CHA: 2

Current Challenge - Health Log

Day hiked parts in PA and NJ. Tons of scree. Can be really fun

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived