Forums are back in action! ×

A Wild Knight approaches!

Hello, all. The name's Earl! Just looking to get back into shape with some people who have common interests. Funny how I find this place AFTER I build my own little "fitness as MMO" regimen.

I used to be a nerdy kid, but then I grew up(physically). I stopped all of my training when I gained a group of friends(more like brothers) in the latter days of high school. However, we were still active. We were the rowdy kids on the mountain. Throwing snowballs and tackling each other in a race to the bottom. We were the ones playing american football on Thanksgiving morning, in a sea of soccer players. I moved away for college, and now all my friends match the other half of me. All of them the creative/intellectual type. I will always love that side of me, but I'm still a kid. And the kid wants to play.

Another reason for me to get fit again is because of my dad. He's got cancer(again). I quite like the way I can practically hear him smile whenever I tell him the things I've been up to. I also like his strength. He's always doing "OK" or "not so good", but he always says "don't worry about me". I think he's the most impossible man and I try to be like him, even though we have very few things in common.

So it's been decided. Sir Earl shall be in his first amateur boxing match sometime in 2013.

Name: Sir Earl (of Sandwich)

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 138

Hobbies: Music(I'll play any instrument I can get my hands on. Count now is 9), video games(mostly RPG/MMORPG, but I'll play anything decent), MacGyver-ing(My family is a big DIY family, so I do DIY on a "college budget")

Martial Arts: Basics of Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga, Tang Soo Do, and Kendo. Capoeira/boxing for 7/5 years, respectively.

Sports: Football(American), Snowboarding, Basketball, Baseball, and Golf (I don't consider golf a sport...and now that I think about it, boxing is a sport)

Goals:

- Have my first amateur bout in 2013

- Get a degree by 2014

- Find my natural weight class

Sorry for the long post. Not used to being awake in the morning without staying up all night. I feel...energetic.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Welcome to the Forums, sorry to hear about your father. Cancer sucks, hope he pulls through it again.

I'm curious about how you've made fitness a MMO, care to explain? :D

Good luck on your goals, they're realistic and achievable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yanz - Elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 4 (+1) | CHA 1

Do or do not, there is no try.

Forum Intro |

Good day to you good sir! Your dad sounds like a good person. One of the saddest facts of life is that bad things can happen to good people. I really hope he has a speedy recovery. Welcome to the forum anyway... Random fact: we share a birthmonth. But you clearly know a lot more about martial arts than me: I have never even tried it. If I knew where to start I probably would. Good luck with your goals.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Yanz: Thanks! Basically, I had it set to where every exercise gave a certain amount of stats after a certain time. IE, bench press gave +2 str every 5 sets, but if done dynamically and with light weights, it gave +1 agi and +1 vit(I had it set to Ragnarok Online stats).

Ocelot: Aye. Thanks. Martial arts isn't for everybody, but I think everybody should try. A lot of martial arts places will let you try a class for free!

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Archived