Forums are back in action! ×

busted ankle, NOOO!

yadz

I LOVE running. I've been running 4-5 times a week since January. It's helped me lose a crap-ton of weight, and I love getting faster and stronger and upping my chances of survival in the zombie apocalypse.

I can't run now. I can barely walk. I don't know how I busted it, I don't even know what the extent of the damage is, but suffice to say, it might be a few weeks before I get back to normal. how am I supposed to keep my running skill up if I can't run for weeks?

I mean, obviously I'm going to have to move my workouts into the gym, focus on strength training, and hopefully I'll keep losing weight that way. The real problem is keeping my cardio skill where it is.

I didn't see a doctor, I was planning on it, but I wanted to wait until after the weekend. after staying off of it completely for about 4 days it actually seems to have healed, which is weird because it initially hurt so bad I thought it was broken. I'm taking it a little easy, doing my cardio on an elliptical to minimize impact and wearing an ankle brace.

Archived