Forums are back in action! ×

I scare old people.

J-rod

So I was working out this afternoon. And the only people in the gym was me and this old couple. I had my head phones on and was pacing around talking to myself. Trying to get myself pumped up to do deadlifts. After about the third set of me acting like I was crazy. I looked in the mirror and noticed they were both staring at me with their jaws dropped. I so wanted to walk up to them and yell booo at the top of my lungs. Just finished up week 2 doing the barbell battalion and I have increased 20 pounds on deadlifts and I went from doing negitive pullups last week to doing 5 sets of 4 chin-ups today. Starting to like this working out thing.

We have a guy who does this at my gym; listening to his MP3 player while mumbling to himself periodically. The first few weeks in the gym I was defintely thinking, "I'm not comfortable being around that kid when he's swinging those dumbbells around."

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

Great story, lol.

We have a lady at our gym that puts in her earbuds and sings at the top of her lungs. I guess she didn't realize she was doing it. It got so bad they had to point signs up about it.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Hahaha this is awesome, I can picture them whispering to themselves about how scared they were.

We have our share of these people at my gym, but there are so many people there most of the time we take no notice, haha.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

I don't sing (not since that UN resolution stopped me on all continents of the Earth) but I snort and roll my eyes and stare into the mirrors like I'm going to wrestle a bull and that bull is me.

I make a point of friendly smiles at anyone who might be put off by these displays between sets. I was that startled noob once.

I don't sing (not since that UN resolution stopped me on all continents of the Earth) but I snort and roll my eyes and stare into the mirrors like I'm going to wrestle a bull and that bull is me.

I make a point of friendly smiles at anyone who might be put off by these displays between sets. I was that startled noob once.

^agreed.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

lol @ startled noob. nicely put.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Awesome.

I stay out of gyms, but I found out apparently I terrified an old man who lives down my street because he saw me in an all out sprint during interval training.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Archived