Forums are back in action! ×

Can someone help the new guy???

Hello fellow recruits,

I recently stumbled upon this website when I was looking for a workout program. After I read the "How to Build Your Own Workout Routine" I was impressed and every one of Steve's blogs after that. A little about me... I'm 19 and currently taking college classes online to major in Cybersecurity. I like to work on my own schedule so having to go to class at a set time every day didn't work out to well. For the past few months all i've been doing was working, playing video games and sleeping. I realized how lazy i've become and want to make a change. I go to the gym once or twice a month so i'm wasting money paying for a membership. I've been overweight since about 3rd grade & have tried to lose weight since I finished 8th grade but always ended up with some excuse about how i'll start next week or next year but never did. A few months after I graduated high school I was diagnosed with Nuerally Mediated Hypertension (NMH) which mainly causes me to faint or lose control of my muscles alot. In 9th grade I weighed 220lbs and was 6ft tall. After I graduated I already hit 300. The doctors can't give me any medicine to help with this condition so i'm hoping if I get in shape and get down to a healthy weight it'll go away.

I am currently 325 lbs and 6'3". My body has always been built like a football player so I would like to lose weight and stay bulky at the same time.

Can anyone help me? (Sorry for the long introduction. I get carried away when I start writing :emmersed:)

Hi there, welcome! I don't have any specific advice except to browse through Steve's posts and the forum here because there's tons of good info about all sorts of different topics: Weight loss, paleo eating, general healthy eating, weight lifting, running, cycling, and on and on. It's a GREAT resource for getting healthy.

Good luck!

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

Greetings, Sir Laughsalot!

(I hope you do laugh a lot. It's highly recommended. Introverted me tends to giggle a lot instead.)

I'm not an expert but, from what I've learned here, I'd say diet is the key point. Cut out as much junk as you can, get plenty of veggies inside you and keep your protein intake up so you don't lose muscle.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Howdy, fellow knight! My roommate is the same exact build as you, except he lost 100 lbs over the course of the last year. He used methods I....do not approve of. No, I'm just going to say it. He used methods I think are super effing stupid.

I don't really know what NMH will do to you, so I would consult your doc before getting hardcore into the weight loss process. Whatever you do, just listen to your body and remember that pounds are just a way to measure how much your entire body weighs. Yeah, that includes the skin, bones, muscles, and organs. Oh, and work hard!

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Archived