Forums are back in action! ×

Plantar fasctitis. New Rules of Lifting for Women.Pull up bar?

I got a copy of NRoLfW at the local library. In it the author says that they are presuming that the reader has no orthopedic impairements. My "impairement"is that I believe I have Plantar fasctitis and /or possibly a bone spur.I am trying to find a podiatrist that will make Saturday or late afternoon appointments.

I cannot do bodyweight squats or lunges without causing damage/pain to my heels. I am back to my 8 am to 4:30 pm schedule at work after months of working from 9:30 to 6 pm so we are getting to the Y earlier now. I would like to start strength training AGAIN ( and this time stick to it without further injury)Actually I cannot do bodyweight lunges or squats without holding onto something for support or I would fall right on my bum. I finally bought a pull up bar for my doorways at home and last night I looked at the poster of exercises that came with it and I think I could do them without causing heel pain or injury.

If I cannot get a late afternoon or weekend appointment then I will have to wait for the end of June when I get more vacation time at work. I do not want to wait that long to start. My question is should I give the NRoLfW a shot with maybe some modifications? Or should I try the pull up bar workout exercises?If I do the NRoLfW what modifications could I make? I have not finished the book yet but I do not recall mention of any. I will check out Lou Schulers website later.

Archived