Forums are back in action! ×

Trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Hello everyone!

I am continuing on my journey to a fitter, healthier me. I was told about Nerd Fitness for just about a year now, and after lurking in the sidelines I thought I would actually join.... Since lurking for so long is kind of creepy.

You can call me Xanthe, I am a 24 year old woman who is visiting University for the second time for a major in Illustration (my first time in Uni I went for a Biochemistry+Forensics double major with my eyes set on pre-med). I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I obsess over zombies, gaming, Sci Fi and fantasy. mm.

A year and a half ago I started on this journey to change my life for the better. I went from 140 KG (308 lbs) to 102 kg (224 lbs) and I felt fantastic! But as it always does, life happened. I went through a few emotional months, and had my entire life change. I gave up a bit, ate and drank more than I should have, and I ended up where I am now.... 116 kg (255 lbs) and unhappy with feeling so out of shape. How am I supposed to survive the zombie outbreak if I can't even run 5k?

I am now on the road to doing the Paleo diet with my partner, and while I have cut out all of my grains I haven't been able to completely cut out dairy yet (I enjoy my cuppa with cream and my breakkie tends to be a few bites of cottage cheese with fruit). I plan to start working out as soon as I can, but for now my ankle is keeping me from doing anything useful.

Anyhow, thanks everyone and I hope to see you around! If you have any questions feel free to ask them!

Half-Elf Adventurer with an aim to be a monk-assassin.

Ambition is not what a man would do, but what a man does, for ambition without action is fantasy.

-Bryant H. McGill

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.

—Will Rogers

Matthew &Sumdawg:

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Athena:

I have yet to read it, though I do adore both Austen and zombies, so I will see if I can pick it up for a reasonable price. I actually hadn't heard anything about it (except from my step father who hates Austen.... Hmm.)

My goal weight for the end of December is 85kg so a loss of 31 KG in seven months. My complete end goal is 65-70kg. I would like to get back into martial arts and swimming/diving. More than a goal weight I am looking at simply changing my entire lifestyle, I want to do more things outdoors. I also really want to get in to more gymnastic type things.

Bicep curls are a great idea. I actually posted a question for workouts I can do while waiting for this to heal. Until the day before yesterday, even jostling it slight was killer, so I am happy to be in a place where I can start doing things again.

Ambition is not what a man would do, but what a man does, for ambition without action is fantasy.

-Bryant H. McGill

—Will Rogers

Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to motivation via a Zombie chasing you, just don't hesitate to ask. Speaking of the Zombie Apocalypse, someone posted this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?12482-Zombie-Apocalypse I think you'll fell like you're glad to be in New Zealand! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

You had me at zombie....

Welcome

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

They don't sell the app anymore because of safety issues, but there used to be this zombie app "game"

Basically, it used your GPS to track you, and then would randomly place zombies in your path for you to avoid! It was really fun to go running to that app. Although, trying to walk somewhere with that app will make you take forever.

Anywho, welcome! I'm new here as well. Injured ankles stink. I used to break a bone at least once a year, every year until 10th grade. On crutches, you can kind of do a dip-type exercise(basically push yourself off the ground using the handle) and then let yourself fall forward/backward. Not exactly the greatest of exercises, but it's great to pass the time once you get the hang of it. And boy oh boy will your arms get strong!

You could also try to find one of those hand bicycles/exercise machines. Those are pretty hard to find though.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Hi Xanthe! I love your avatar - is that your own work?

I'm new on these forums as well, and just moved out of Wellington a few months back - now living up the Kapiti Coast. :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Cactuar Adventurer

STR 2.75 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.5

(+1 WIS for Week 1 Mini Challenge)

My current challenge thread

Red: Yeah I saw that right as you were sending me that way- CREEPY AS! The only bad thing about New Zealand is the strict gun laws that make it harder to kill zombies... Machetes it is!

Cline: <3 Thank you.

Kaylith: This care package you speak of... it sounds amazing, it can't be sent until after I purchase my dehydrator.

SirEarl:That sounds AMAZING-- do you know if it's possible to obtain still, even if you can't purchase it any longer? I used to break bones all the time as well, but I've become much better at avoiding actually breaking things... Now I just end up with sprains. 8D

CactusCat! Thanks you, it is my own work.. fairly quick work. I moved from Auckland to Wellington in January for Uni. How are you liking the Kapiti Coast? Welcome to you as well!

-Bryant H. McGill

—Will Rogers

That's a big move for uni! Are you at Vic? Massey? TLC? How are you liking Wellington?

I love Kapiti - the best part... I'm just a short walk from the beach! :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Cactuar Adventurer

STR 2.75 | DEX 4 | STA 3.5 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.5

(+1 WIS for Week 1 Mini Challenge)

My current challenge thread

I'm at Massey, in the middle of finals right now so suuuuuuper busy! :)

And sleepy. Wellington is alright, it's been pretty much Chch weather here-- which I'll take over the wind/rain and SLEET we've been getting. Heading up to Auckland for just over a week on the fifth. So keen to be up there with my family.

-Bryant H. McGill

—Will Rogers

Archived