Forums are back in action! ×

Exams and Assignments, too many.

Ghost

Ghost here,

Lately my school work has dramatically increased it would seem. Assignment, on assignment and now I have 5 due in the next week and a half.

Now on top of that I just learned my half yearlies are on next week.

For someone that stresses and worries, and just generally thinks ahead of himself, that isn't fun.

But it has to be done, so I need to buckle down and learn, study, anything to get good grades.

Need some advice on calming down, and just focusing to get everything done.

It is only exams, the rest of your life, and the happiness you get will not hinge off this set of half yearlies.

Escalated cortisol levels never helped anyone over a long period of time.

Work hard at it, but don't strive and kill yourself in the process. Get your YOU time in when you need it to stop any mental/emotional breakdowns. (Lifting weights helps)

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

make your plan, and then tackle one task at a time. considering them all, all the time can get you to anxious brakedown.

it's essential to reserve the time for workout and relaxation, or you'll burn out too soon.

write down what's the final point of your educational efforts, and keep that in mind if you start to fall back.

i myself have a very demanding six weeks in front of me, but considering some other things - it's just six weeks!

having a goal line in mind helps me to remember that not all my life will look like this, and that efforts invested now will have a pay off in near future. :)

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

I can appreciate how stressful this is! I'd make a huge list of everything you need to do for each assignment individually - include even the most simple things, like if you have to fill in a submission form. Once you've done this, score out (in pencil) anything that isn't absolutely 100% essential for you to pass. Go back to these if you have time, but only if you have time. You'd be amazed the number of things we think we absolutely have to do, but focus on getting the core work done first, embellish later if you've the chance. That way you at least get all assignments to a passable standard so if you start falling behind, all is not lost :)

Take lots of deep breaths, remind yourself that in 50 years, you will not be thinking about "I should have got an A on that assingment". This is important, but it's not the be all and end all. You can do it!

I'll echo the sentiments here.

I just graduated with my Bachelor's in engineering, so the last two months of my life seemed to be like this. Exams are fairly easy as long as you've paid attention and done the assignments.

I would make a check list of what needs to be done and start going down it. At least then you see that you're making some progress.

Archived