Forums are back in action! ×

New nerd on the block

Hi Guys,

Stumbled across this site today and Steve; its freaking awesome!!! I am a big time nerd at heart and have just seriously got back into trying to do something about my current fitness levels so was over the moon when I found this surprisingly well hidden army!

I have recently picked up a copy of Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym and have started on his basic 10 week course last Monday. I have also been taking a lot of the nutrition info from the book to really try and make that a big change area in my life. Every time I have paid for a gym membership in the past I never supported it with a good diet and so never saw the results, got disheartened, and stopped going. I have made a promise to myself that I am going to stick with things this time, properly make a positive change to what I am doing and make my fitness a way of life for me from now on. I have also recently taken up martial arts (Eskrima) and am really enjoying that.

So where am I hoping to go? I am currently 26 years old, 5 foot 9 tall and 10 stone 9 with 16.9% body fat. By the time I reach 30, I would like to be somewhere between 14 and 15 stone and have cut the body fat down to nearer 10%. This is my long term goal. With the diet I'm on I hope to put on about a pound of mass a week(ish) and the ass kicking each of Mark's workouts give should keep this weight gain nice and lean. Slow and steady wins the race.

My class? Well, I'm sort of a warrior/assasin/monk hybrid with the odd bit of running thrown in for good measure. :)

So just a quick hello, and look forward to sharing the journey with you guys!

Stu

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Thanks barefoot, I think this place is going to be a proper motivational help to staying on track! Eskrima is a Filipino martial art. It mostly centers around weapon fighting, mainly with one or two 26-29" wooden sticks. It also teaches knife fighting, sword and knife, staff, and also unarmed defense against all of these along with a whole host of other things. Check out some videos on YouTube of two eskrima gurus fighting and the speed is unbelievable!

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Archived