Forums are back in action! ×

My name's Anthony, I'm 19 years old, 6'0", 250 lbs and currently studying Political Science and Philosophy at Mizzou down south in Columbia, Missouri.

I have never been what you would call an overly fit person, however, my senior year of high school, due to doing marching band, I lost about 40-50 pounds and was at 210 lbs and probably the lowest BMI of my life. However, when I got to college, I gained almost all of that weight back due to lack of exercise and poor diet. I want to change that, and so for about the last 6 months I've been going to the gym and lifting/being more active in general. However, the issue that I was having was making my diet compliment my level of exercise. I've recently started going completely paleo, and I'm hoping that along with my current exercise routine + some more cardio, I can get back down to the 190-200 lb range.

I have a few short term and long term goals that I want to go after.

Short term:

Start running every day.

Establish Paleo diet as a regularity.

Start doing Yoga regularly. (I've gone with some friends in the past and loved it.)

Long term:

Run a 5k

Get to a healthy weight and maintain it for a long, long time.

Thanks guys!

Hey welcome to the rebellion!

Your goals are great, I tried running every day and it ended up making it so I couldn't walk, gotta try again I guess. I cycle more now.

Good luck on your goals and for the 5K if you haven't already: www.c25k.com.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yanz - Elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 4 (+1) | CHA 1

Do or do not, there is no try.

Forum Intro |

Hey Anthony! Nice clear concise goals, sounds like a successful formula :) Running every day isn't always the best idea, because the recovery time is essential for avoiding injury... even top professionals take a rest day every week, and when you start it can be worthwhile taking almost every other day off. Means you can work harder and go faster on all the other days which is a bonus. Best of luck =)

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived