Forums are back in action! ×

How did you spend Memorial Day Weekend?

Anivair

I don't see this thread floating around, so I'm going to share my Memorial Day Weekend and see how you all spent yours.

I drove with the wife to Sandusky to hang out with my family. We stayed at a hotel with a water park, so we had a freaking blast playing on the water-themed-playground and going down slides and on rides and playing in the wave pool. It was all made for kids and it was still a blast. Dinner was a paleo-friendly mix of salmon, steak, asparagus, and cabbage. Tons of it.

On the way out of town the next day we stopped by the cemetery and said Druidy prayers and spent time by my father and grandmother's graves. Then we came back home and crashed.

Monday was canoeing all day with a liberal amount of swimming, wading, climbing, and swinging from ropes into the water. Super good time. I got the first quart of my first batch of kombucha drunk down. Totally worth making.

Then we finished it off by having dog playtime for our friends. All in all, a great weekend with plenty of exercise and sun.

How about all you?

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Wow, another fellow buckeye!!

I had the most amazing three-day weekend with my darling. We went to Kings Island amusement and water park on Saturday, where we had an awesome time. On Sunday we got a late brunch, got shrimp and chicken from the grocery store, and then just stayed at home, watched a movie, and cooked yummy chicken for dinner. On Monday we cooked the shrimp, then we went to the gym and played badminton for about 2 hours (my arm is SO sore today) and went to a Mexican place for dinner! We shared the fajitas, he ate the rice portion, and I substituted the tortilla's for more lettuce - all in all, a great meal and STILL paleo!!

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Wow, another fellow buckeye!!

That I am. Glad to see I'm not the only one in Ohio. What Mexican place did you go to for dinner? I also got Mexican that day. I don't know if that's a strange coincidence or if that's just one of the few places open.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Kim Kardashian won most of the weekend, although I did get in some rock climbing. I had such good intentions. I told myself today would be another day, and the perfect day to get back into the swing of things. But I am failing so far. I have even been trying for the last hour to convince myself that it doesn't take a perfect start to the day to make it a good one. All I need is to do is start right now. Right now. C'mon. Right now. Here we go...

Liz Oh

Suburban Ninja

NF Intro

Twitter: @earthliz

Pinterest: I particularly like to identify #fitspo and #thinspo that has been photoshopped.

YouTube: Comics and Civics

Friday night, family movie night (Mr & Mrs Smith, with my 9- and 11-y.o. girls -- loads of fun!)

Saturday, 20th reunion at college

Sunday, more 20th reunion, home again & cooked an elaborate dinner

Monday - Memorial Day Murph, then house tidying, flute lessons for the girls, and dinner/cookout at our friends' house.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

I worked. And it was awful. I called in on Monday because I couldn't handle going back in again. So Husband and I rearranged the living room and then I watched a puppy pilates DVD with a friend.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I worked Saturday and Sunday at my fiancé's hot dog stand and yesterday I PRd at the Bolder boulder 10k. I'm on vacation now until the 5th :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Saturday was our grandson's first birthday party... got to see most of the kids, including our son and his wife - he's just recently home from his fourth deployment in the middle east - then, I had my massage - we did some grocery shopping...

Sunday, we walked 5k... Monday I did laundry, and doinked around on stupid, time-wasting stuff... today, I'm supposed to be working on college coursework... I go back to work tomorrow. Oh, and today we walked 3.1 miles, up to the top of the highest hill in Hoquiam, where the cemetery is, and back.

Saturday was our grandson's first birthday party... got to see most of the kids, including our son and his wife - he's just recently home from his fourth deployment in the middle east - then, I had my massage - we did some grocery shopping...

Sunday, we walked 5k... Monday I did laundry, and doinked around on stupid, time-wasting stuff... today, I'm supposed to be working on college coursework... I go back to work tomorrow. Oh, and today we walked 3.1 miles, up to the top of the highest hill in Hoquiam, where the cemetery is, and back.

Wow, awesome weekend with a lot of stuff to celebrate! Great job!

Liz Oh

Suburban Ninja

NF Intro

Twitter: @earthliz

Pinterest: I particularly like to identify #fitspo and #thinspo that has been photoshopped.

YouTube: Comics and Civics

FRIDAY: stripped wallpaper in upstairs bathroom and hallway.

SATURDAY: painted upstairs bathroom and hallway.

SUNDAY: stripped wallpaper in master bedroom and painted.

MONDAY: stripped wallpaper in upstairs bedroom and painted. Pulled an all-nighter finishing this project.

I hate wallpaper...and I'm starting to seriously dislike paint.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

FRIDAY: stripped wallpaper in upstairs bathroom and hallway.

SATURDAY: painted upstairs bathroom and hallway.

SUNDAY: stripped wallpaper in master bedroom and painted.

MONDAY: stripped wallpaper in upstairs bedroom and painted. Pulled an all-nighter finishing this project.

I hate wallpaper...and I'm starting to seriously dislike paint.

You sound superhuman. Also, superfunny. :)

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

I feel like I had the most stressful weekend ever. In addition to my dog having a mad anxiety attack and shredding one of our blinds, my brother crashed his car in his first SCCA race on Sunday. He's fine, the car isn't. The wreck is sitting in our parents' driveway and we're going to tear out all the salvageable pieces soon.

And then I learned how to deadlift...?

Don't write a check with your mouth you can't cash with your ass

Archived