Forums are back in action! ×

Welcome to the Training Montage

In my mind, I’m a total badass. I’m like…Indiana Jones crossed with Steve Zissou, with the body of Lara Croft. Just wait until the training montage has finished, y’all. You’ll see it…it’s coming…any minute now…any…minute…

Damn.

Yeah, so that’s been the past ten years of my life. I’m 27 years old, and I’ve spent the past ten years making excuses for myself as to why I haven’t achieved my inner badass. On paper, I have most of the credentials down: I’m an archaeologist (finishing my PhD), I trained in Muay Thai, I play roller derby. So what the hell is the problem?

I need to sever my emotional ties with food. It can’t be a reward or a punishment, or I’m not going to stick with it. I’ve tried calorie and carb counting in the past, and I feel like I always fall into the same emotional trap that eventually breaks me. I’ve spent the past few months hemming and hawing over the Paleo diet, and finally decided to give it a shot (even though as an archaeologist that studies subsistence strategies, I have a serious problem with the name). I bought a cookbook and threw out the cookies. Eventually I might have to start counting things again, but right now I’m just going to focus on cutting out the crap and eating real food again. I’m hoping the rest will follow.

So here are my goals: Lose fat and gain muscle. Work on my speed, agility, and endurance in order to eventually step up my derby game to a national level. Also, I want to fit into my clothes again without feeling like a dumpling.

That being said, I look forward to being part of a community of supportive folks with similar goals. Long live the Rebellion!

You had me a Lora Croft. Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to Motivation, via a T-Rex coming at you. Just don't hesitate to ask, See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey, no one warned me about the Rex...

Welcome! Your mind-person sounds epic. You can definitely be them, you've done the hard part learning all the archaeology and being brave enough to rollerskate. The emotional/psychological/physiological minefield of 21st century nutrition is seriously treacherous to navigate, though. So you'll need all that Tomb Raider resourcefulness and stamina I expect, but I'm sure you can get there - there's lots of advice floating around in this forum that helps tons too. Wishing you many successes =D

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived