Forums are back in action! ×

New here, saying hello!

I'm glad I came across this site - it just clicked with me!

I'm turning 40 this year and rather than dread it, I decided I'm going to blow 40 out of the water. Give it the ass kicking it (and I) deserve.

In the last three years, I have gotten out of an abusive marriage, got rid of all my debt except my mortgage, found my true companion, changed my diet and added exercise back to my life.

I have 2 children, a 19 year old and an 8 year old. I was always naturally thin, had a super awesome fast metabolism and was reasonably athletic - played hockey, soccer, track, cross country etc in high school. I have a naturally muscular body so I always weighed more than my chunkier friends and I was proud of it. I ate anything and everything, but most of it was JUNK. Then school ended and so did the exercise. Had my first child and the weight just went away on it's own. Easy peasy! I was invincible!!

Then the age started to creep up and so did the weight. After my second child, I had a much harder time losing the weight. Took about a year and I was back to my pre-baby weight...but did it on WW and ate so many chemicals and processed foods to get there. And didn't exercise. So I was a skinny unhealthy person. Weight creeped up, processed foods creeped up so I decided to run. So now I was a slightly chunky, chemical eater with who could run 10kms. The battle raged on and nothing really changed. I tried P90X for 60 days and I was liking the results but had a really hard time devouting that much time to it and still working full time and having enough time with my family. I also had become an emotional eater. It was how I dealt with the abuse. He was very critical of everything I did and how I looked - despite that fact that he'd packed on ALOT of weight. So I finally got out of the marriage and moved into my own house, but the bad emotional eating habits came along for the ride.

I worked on one habit at a time and managed to stop eating after supper and cleaned up my diet. Got down from 162 to 155 over 6 long months. I was running, doing strength training and but there I stuck. I dropped mid week wine and all bread, pasta, potato carbs after finding this site. POOF! Finally hit my long awaited goal of seeing the 140's again within a week!

I'm working my way towards total paleo, and I dropped the constant long endurance runs and began strength training instead, with the odd run thrown in. Joined boot camp, threw some P90X in there (since it's already paid for) and while my weight is firmly stuck at 148 - my body has completely transformed! I've got maybe 5lbs left to lose to be exactly where I want to be. I'm currently doing P90X until the next round of boot camp starts next month.

I'm loving my muscles! I'm not hungry! I feel pretty damn fantastic. I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site, all because I was curious what on earth a paleo diet was - then saw Stacey - and THAT was how I wanted to look.

Archived