Forums are back in action! ×

Here I Go...

I'm another newbie here, but I'm not new to the quest for fitness. In fact I write about fitness, exercise, and diet just about every day. It's time for me to get myself back in shape instead of just writing about it-I have the tools (for the most part), but what I need is a serious ass kicking to keep going. My old workout partner/trainer left town and I'm on my own.

I am a Martial Artist with a black belt in one style of karate, and a brown belt in kenpo-I'm an instructor for both. I've also studied Tai-Chi with several different people and I've added some to my kenpo katas as well. I was a world ranked professional athlete in 2006, but the cumulative effect of two knee surgeries, and years of training have left me strong and completely not fit.

MY GOALS

I gained a ginormous amount of weight after my last knee injury and I need to lose it. I'm trying to stick to 1200 cal/day and good protein and veggies, but when the cravings monster hits it's usually Fritos and sugar. While technically not binging, as long as its in the house, I eat it. However, once its gone, its gone- I don't go on junk food runs or anything like it, nor do I do it all of the time, just once every couple of months.

Fitness Experience: Know a bunch about it-just don't practice a lot of what I preach due to 'no time' (I work probably 12 hrs/day 7 days per week on my blogs and my boss gives me no real options about it as I'm also his VA.

I'm looking for friends and supporters and a way to kick my own butt

KatC

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. Douglas Adams

http://sixpackabsv.com

Glad to have you on board! What are the blogs you're talking about? Also, it sounds like once you find something you love you stick with it? HOW?!? I am horrible at sticking with anything, even if I've only tried it once. Suggestions? You'll definitely find supporters here :)

SquinkyPheebs

Elf Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 1

"There is something morbidly fascinating about flying into an uncharted tunnel at reckless speeds with only the words of a kleptomaniac dwarf for what lay at the other end" -Artemis Fowl

Earned: +1 DEX, +1 WIS, +1 STR

I'm working on a couple blogs right now- one is sixpackabsv and the other is called createahealthyhabit. We're getting ready to jump into a couple more as well.

As far as sticking to something once I start-I made a rule a long time ago that if I didn't love what I was doing, there was no point in doing it. Because of that, I find stuff to do-work sport-etc-that I love and it makes it easy to stick to.

It takes practice tho- when I was in college I bounced around so much I ended up graduating with over 170 credit hours! Trust me-there are things I still bounce around on-but for the most part, that's a concentration thing more than anything else.

:)

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. Douglas Adams

http://sixpackabsv.com

Archived