Forums are back in action! ×

New Monthly Challenge - December 27th!!

okay, sorry for the late notice, but we're pushing back the next Challenge a week to December 27th.

a) it's xmas, and funny as it would be to see you guys box jumping presents and screaming "EVIL CARBS! GET IT AWAY!" when your grandmother offers you some mash potatoes, we're giving you guys a break. Merry Christmas!

B) Dantes, Spezzy, Steve and I are plotting Something Cool and scrambling to get it into a workable form for the next Challenge. I think you guys will be pleased.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

start thinking about things you would like to achieve in the next month (not only with your fitness, but with your life!)

we'll post the full details soon :)

excited to have you guys aboard!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

start thinking about things you would like to achieve in the next month (not only with your fitness, but with your life!)

The "life" ones are tricky at the moment - I'm happy with my life and what I've accomplished in general.

It's sorta Fitness and sorta Life so - learning to swim this upcoming challenge? Should be a slam dunk since hopefully I'll be taking a class.

I've been thinking about this this morning. The date falls in with being close enough to the first of the year, that I'm going to throw my various New Year's Resolutions in with this one. I take them pretty seriously, so I think it's a good match-up.

Now, I'll need to do some prioritization because of the broad scope of my resolutions.

I have no idea how these challenges work, but as someone who's actively participated in Nanowrimo for the past four years (and succeeded twice!) I'm really not the type to turn down a challenge. Count me in.

So...now what do I do? I have some fitness ideas, oh yes.

I did nanorimo one time, got ~2,000 words in and failed.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

a) it's xmas, and funny as it would be to see you guys box jumping presents and screaming "EVIL CARBS! GET IT AWAY!" when your grandmother offers you some mash potatoes, we're giving you guys a break. Merry Christmas!

Don't for a second think that just by pushing back the challenge, you have prevented me from box jumping presents and screaming "EVIL CARBS! GET IT AWAY!"

I cannot wait. Alternately, I am terrified I will not be ready in time. We are all going to kick so much ass and this time my plan is not to be kicking my own!

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin