Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Hi, I'm Brittany!

I want to drop some fat and gain muscle. Over the years I've lost quite a bit of weight from monitoring my food intake, however I've never really exercised regularly. Over the past 2 months I've worked mostly on controlling issues with binge eating, I adopted the idea of intuitive eating which has helped so much. I eat a fairly clean vegan diet, but I'd like to put more effort into my protein intake to support muscle growth. I love cooking healthy meals and making recipes. I'm hoping to find an exercise regime that I enjoy and that I will stick to.

I`m excited to learn more and to meet all of you! :smug:

Hey Brittany. I'm vegan too and beans/legumes are where its at for protein, the more dense the better (ie tahini, tofu, soya chunks, well-made houmous, tempeh) but of course there's ordinary beans, lentils, peas, nuts (though I avoid these except in small amounts) and veg too. I've been adding pea protein to things just to give me a boost lately too. It would be cool to swap recipes sometime. The best exercise during weight loss, for me, is strength training to maintain muscle, though I walk and run a lot it doesn't make a difference to whether I lose weight. Of course it has other health benefits, but it makes me hungrier and more likely to accidentally overeat carbs or something. Fat loss is all about what you eat, everything else is secondary. Welcome!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived