Forums are back in action! ×

New (slightly nervous) recruit

Hi I just joined the forum today after reading the blog for a couple of weeks. So here it goes... I was always healthy and active as a child and teenager however when I went to university and started work my diet went down hill and exercise just disappeared. After moaning about my body to my partner he gave me some brilliant advice "do something about it then". That's when I found NF and started doing the beginner bodyweight workout and the NHS couch to 5k podcasts ( I'm on week 3 :-) ), plus I am slowing cleaning up my diet. So I'm joining the forum to make sure this new lifestyle is a permanent one.

Phew....Thanks

Goals

complete c25k podcasts: 2.66

do 10 full push ups: 4/10

Hi!

My partner used to say "you can't complain if you're not going to do anything about it, and if you're doing something about it, you've got nothing to complain about". It used to make me so mad... but only when I wasn't doing anything about it!

You're in good company here :)

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Hi!

My partner used to say "you can't complain if you're not going to do anything about it, and if you're doing something about it, you've got nothing to complain about". It used to make me so mad... but only when I wasn't doing anything about it!

I am stealing that.

Welcome ChickenStitch. I like your partner's advice too.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

"do something about it"

That's been the most important thing for me. Whenever I start to despair, I stop everything I'm doing & go for a 15 minute walk. I don't know how far back on the main blog you've read, but I have collected a ginormous pile of underpants, and from here on out it's all action.

Welcome - you can do it.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

That's the same reason I'm here :-) My partner's sick of hearing me either whine or collect underpants, so I'm finally getting my Phase 2 underway :-) Good luck chickenstitch! Excited to see what results the next few weeks bring for you!

Archived