Forums are back in action! ×

And up here in Montana...

Hello Everyone!

I'm Ang, living here in Montana working on my nursing degree. Just one more year left!

My story:

hmmm...well my sister started sending me emails from this site. Lets just say once I finally hooked up internet at my new abode, I was hooked. Literally just spent the last 2 hours scouring over others posts gaining tons of ideas and encouragement along the way. I've always been the skinny tall girl--I remember finally hitting 100 pounds somewhere in the ninth grade. I ran in high school--a lot. I thought that if you were going to stay fit, then running was the key. I never even considered adding strength training (until now). As with most other's stories, my activity level declined as soon as college started. Suddenly there was papers to be written, jobs to be worked, and sleep to be had. It's always been blatantly visible to me that we should teach others through example. Well here I am, hopefully about to embark on setting a great example.

Screw the excuses! I do have time before work. I do have time between studying.

However, since I am notorious for starting something to not finish it shortly afterwards, I decided that a blog post with accountability was just what I needed. Plus, I kind of want to prove my boyfriend wrong ;).

So here I am. I'm going to give it my all. Wish me luck!

P.S. I started the Hotel Room workout just to simply start something. The push-ups (yes the incline ones) kicked my butt. Wow I'm out of shape. I plan on sticking with it every other day until I can do level 3 x4. Anyone have other suggestions for good starting points? Also, I'm deathly afraid of using the weights in the gym on campus. Confidence boosters?

SquinkyPheebs

Elf Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 1

"There is something morbidly fascinating about flying into an uncharted tunnel at reckless speeds with only the words of a kleptomaniac dwarf for what lay at the other end" -Artemis Fowl

Earned: +1 DEX, +1 WIS, +1 STR

Archived