Forums are back in action! ×

Music Creation Software

I'm unsure if anybody in here would be interested in the slightest, but a program I use all the time for goofing around with music is going on sale (50% off). It's really fun to use even with a small learning curve. It's call Fruity Loops Studio or FL Studio.

It's kind of a cheating person's way to play music when you yourself cannot play the instruments. I just have music pop into my head and I like to write it up into the program to play. It can simulate various instruments from drums to guitar. Certain editions can record music so if you have a decent microphone and sound card you could record yourself playing.

Visit the shop here - The most featured edition is $150 and the regular edition is $50.

They have sample CD's of recorded vocals and instruments which you can say "play these notes while using the recording of this instrument".

They have a demo you can download for free and try out all the features, you just can't save your projects :(.

When the program loads up, on the left side is a tab for Projects > Cool Stuff - there are sample songs people have made in the program so you can see what you are capable of doing :) Pretty inspiring to hear a high-quality song played entirely on a computer.

Anywho, for those interested, hope it might help to know such a thing is out there. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll answer as best as I can.

- Alex