Forums are back in action! ×

Getting my act together

I read Nerd Fitness for about 6 months until getting my act together and doing something about my out-of-shape self. I'm just finishing up with Level 1 of the Rebel Fitness Guide, about 12 pounds lighter and feeling stronger and healthier than ever!

In my last year of grad school I got an almost full-time internship at a desk job. My activity level dropped dramatically since I was sitting most of the day and always used my car to get around campus since I was had less time. I'm in my late 20's now and I went from around 150 in college to about 215. I've been saying I want to do something about it for years but haven't put much effort into it. I told my wife I would do something about my weight and diet. I cut back a little on eating, but only enough to maintain my weight.

I've never been one for purposeful, regular, fitness activity and always had an excuse (usually time). I only didn't have time because I didn't make it a priority. Now I've shifted my priorities and I can keep my promise to my wife. I'm excited to see and feel the changes already (and so is she)! NF is a great community and I'm glad to join the rebellion!

I'm liking the Rebel Fitness Guide so far. Steve has put a lot of work into it and I'm glad to buy it to support his efforts. It's a good plan to start out with and I like the pace that it builds at. There are a lot of great tips in the material and it helps you make small goals and stay motivated while still working hard.

I'm a new poster here as well. I did the same thing as you! I read NF for a long time before I was actually ready to do something. Are you going to take part in the next challenge? Do you know which profession you're going to be? I've been thinking about picking up the Rebel Fitness Guide as well. Are you working on any specific goals other than losing weight?

Zari
Newbie Adventurer

I don't think I'm going to take part in the next challenge yet. My plan is to get through all the levels of the Rebel Fitness Guide first and then maybe take on some challenges and look more into the professions. Right now my only goal is to get down to about 170 and just be more fit in general. Once I reach that goal I think it will be a lot easier for me to do other things. My wife has recently picked up running so I'd like to do that with her once I've reached my current goal.

Archived