Forums are back in action! ×

I need help getting started....again!

Hi all!

I am a 25 year old female with a deep love for video games and anime. I'm so happy to have discovered an amazing site like this where I can find support with people just as nerdy as I! I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and am no stranger to the yo-yo dieting. My biggest accomplishment was losing 75 pounds the last time I 'dieted'. Over the past two years I'm sad to say I've put it all back on plus a little extra. I eventually get tired of the same old routine and lose motivation. I can't go at it alone anymore!

I work for a doctor's office and all the doctors there are obsessed with the paleo diet. Since I was unaware of what they were talking about, like a true nerd, I decided to do some research. That is how I stumbled upon this site. I've been surfing for the past couple days and decided it was time to join. The community here seems great.

What do you guys do to keep yourselves motivated and to keep from getting bored of your workouts/food? What are you favorite workouts? Is there anyone who follows the paleo diet that would be willing to give me examples of what you eat for your meals? And I'm always open to any tips, suggestions, and advice anyone has on anything!

Thanks!

DarkNeko

on the workout front; do everything that sounds even remotely interesting. mix up functional stuff (gymnastics, bodyweight, sports) with specific training (weight lifting, distance running) and you'll have no trouble keeping yourself entertained. personally i train heavy weights, kettlebells, bodyweight, parkour and capoeira. the more is more approach ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Hey I used to think I had the same problem with getting bored of activities then I realised that the novelty just wore off quickly and that I still enjoyed them if I pushed myself to do them. Now I just have to give myself a kick up the butt but I'm sticking to things a bit more.

Goals

complete c25k podcasts: 2.66

do 10 full push ups: 4/10

Thanks for the tips guys.

Loren Wade: I will definitely have to check out that cookbook. I love chicken! I don't like sweet potatoes or guacamole but cooking has always been my forte so I'm sure I can find lots of creative ways to change it up. I also enjoy cooking with beef. I haven't browsed the challenge section of the site yet, sounds intimidating! Thanks for the reply!

azsf: Doing the same thing in the gym day after day has probably always been my problem. Perhaps it's time to break out of my shell and try new things! Capoeira has always sounded interesting to me. Maybe I'll start with that one first :adoration: Thanks for your reply!

chickenstitch: I'm not a very good self motivator as it is. Perhaps kicking myself in the butt, though I will probably have to stretch first to get there =P, is what I need. I think if I can do that often enough to start seeing and feeling the results then those changes will become my motivation. Thanks for your reply!

Archived