Forums are back in action! ×

Quote from my gym's December Newsletter...

looks like my gym has a new marketing tactic this year...

quote from their newsletter:

"Be realistic. Don't try and lose weight in the holiday season. Allow yourself to

enjoy the festivities and don't beat yourself up if you happen to overindulge. Kick your workout into high

gear after the holidays by setting up an appointment with one of our personal trainers."

:)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

"don't even try." what a mentality. :roll: people need to stop believing that holiday weight gain is inevitable. if you don't consistently overeat/eat like shit during the holidays, then you should be good to go. it's almost like there's a switch that turns on in peoples brain that says "eating an entire plate of fudge would be silly any other time of year, but hey, it's Jesus' birthday, so I GOTTA!"

/rant

but srsly :I

Valar Morghulis

I have started going for the whole feast/famine (intermittant fasting) thing on holidays. I eat a later (leisurely, if possible) light breakfast, skip lunch, and have a good dinner, with a few snacks or sweets and a few glasses of wine. I am hungry enough to really enjoy dinner without having to stress about portions and nonsense (obviously you don't go nuts...). I wouldn't recommend that every day, but hey, it's the holidays.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins