Forums are back in action! ×

Brand spankin new to this site, and I'm hooked!!!

Hey all!

A friend of mine pointed me to this awesome site just 2 days ago, and I'm freaking hooked!!

I myself have struggled with weight for most of my life. This past year, I've managed to drop about 140 lbs, and actually just won our department "biggest loser" competition that lasted 4 months.

Amazingly enough, my own made up diet for the last year closely resembles the Paleo diet, and I plan on fully embracing the Paleo way of eating. Just have to cut a few things here and there, and I'm excited to see where I can get with it.

I want to drop at least another 70-80 pounds.

I've been looking through all the articles on this site, and it has given me SO much more inspiration than I've already have had in the last year. I really think this is going to get me over the hump to the true goals that I have had.

A little more about my last year:

-I've completed 5 5ks just this calendar year, and also completed a 5 miler last Thanksgiving

-I completed my first half marathon 2 weeks ago

-I've gone from sitting behind a desk all day and on a couch all night to spending almost all my free time either walking/jogging or at the gym

-I've amazed myself at what I've been able to accomplish, and its an awesome feeling when people I know tell me how inspirational I am to them....weird feeling too for that matter!

I am 35, live just outside the great city of Cleveland, OH

I'm currently at 285 lbs, and I'm 6'2" -- so I still have quite a journey left in my weight loss

I'm a die hard Cleveland sports fan, and I will never give up the hope that we will see a championship here one day!

I'm a bit of gamer -- love sports games, and finally broke down and bought an Xbox 360 last Christmas (the kinect is AWESOME!)

Oh, and I'm also participating in my first Warrior Dash in August...I cannot wait!

Anyway, I love this site, and the community so far!

I am riDIculously inspired by this post man! I'm wicked new to the site, too, but I don't have a year of butt-kicking under my belt like you do. Congrats! Can't wait to see what types of results you post over the next few months!

PS, I did a Warrior Dash last summer and it was a BLAST. It rained Jurassic Park style the whole time, but it made everything seem even more intense. Good luck!

Archived