Forums are back in action! ×

Evening all. Actually kinda excited to be here. This time, as people tend to say more than they should need to, feels different.

I'm 26, been diabetic since I was 11, and currently am about 30 lbs overweight (though I don't pay much attention to scales because they fluctuate so much, and so far lack other means, such as calipers, of measuring more specifically.) I was sent a link not long ago to a paleo diet site, I had a quick look through but I was flummoxed - just one site, against all my life studying nutrition (once upon a time I was a sort of informal nutritionist to my church's youth group football team), it really confused me. But since then I've read more about it, and decided to give it a crack. Today is day one of my 30 day trial of the paleo diet.

Here's today's intake:

Apple for breakfast

Omelette (du fromage) for late lunch

Bowl of homemade stew for dinner

Handful (about a dozen) of pistachio nuts

It's now 10:15 pm, and I'm not even peckish :) Ok, I did have some ice cream too at some point :$ I don't even know why, it's been AGES since I've craved something that strongly. STill, it's gone from the freezer so I have nothing sweet to tempt me tomorrow :P So I'm gonna call today a victory, coz most days I'd have eaten about thirty times more than that and still been hungry. I am gonna miss my toast, mind.

I read Saint's story last night, and inspired, I made a bet with my friends that I could get down to 200lbs by Christmas, or I'd share £200 between them. Which would suck coz I'm unemployed at the moment.

My goals:

1. At last measure, I think I had about 25% body fat, so I'd quite like to get that down to 10%, but I'm not sure quite what I'm doing, so I dunno what a reasonable timeframe for that would be. I'm open to suggestions.

2. My hb1ac at last measure was 9.9%, that needs to be closer to 5%, so I'm hoping by sorting out my diet my blood sugars will even out, and I'll achieve that. My legs will stay on longer for it.

3. I read Saint's story last night, and inspired, I made a bet with my friends that I could get down to 200lbs by Christmas, or I'd share £200 between them. Which would suck coz I'm unemployed at the moment.

I hate the gym, I'm allergic (it makes me break out in a sweat), but I enjoy bodyweight exercise, and yesterday did my first workout for months - 15 push ups, 15 sit ups, 30 squats, broken up in three sets. Usually in push ups my elbows go out sideways but this time I kept them close to my body, and it made things a lot more challenging. Quite sore today but looking forward to keeping it up.

A friend is going for a 5k fun run at the end of the month, I don't think I'll be fit for it, but I would really like to partake in one at some point.

So that's my story, now I'm back to the blog to learn some more stuff ^.^

Behold, I have nothing witty to put here.

Archived