Forums are back in action! ×

Feeling a fresh start.

I'm not new to fitness, and I've been all about a Phase One/Phase Three approach for most of my life. I've finally begun to understand the importance of Phase Two, that scary thing called action and commitment! But I'm a nerd and I stumbled across NF and have found some motivation and inspiration.

I'm 5'8" tall, and I currently weigh in at 185 lbs. I want to be at 155 lbs and wearing a size 10 in my favorite Levi's. I'm running a half marathon in September (Heartbreak Ridge Half Marathon), and I need help staying on task to get ready. My goal for the half is to finish it, and not be the last one across the line. I'm using Hal Higdon's novice training plan for the running mileage, and I'm going to incorporate the bodyweight workouts on NF into the plan. For my diet, I'm going to transition to Paleo. (Hard part!)

I'm also training in Shaolin kempo karate, and am currently about three weeks away from my orange belt test. I compete in tournaments when I can. I swim and bike when I feel beat up from running impact. I run in Vibrams, drive a Jeep Wrangler, attempt bodyboarding, and play soccer. I love animals and can't wait to begin volunteering at the animal shelter. I also love to ride horses but have been taking some time off.

So, nice to meet you all, hope to learn a lot from all of you!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

I have a blog. It can be found here: http://wildcatspeaks.blogspot.com. I put my training up here, accomplishments, how many times I've vacuumed this week, etc.

Will this be your first half marathon? If so, don't worry about being last. I've done 2 half marathons and even with walking 90% of the time I wasn't last. Well - maybe last in my age/gender category. :) I was 330 lbs at the time. Even if you WERE last, you'd still be miles ahead of everybody who sat on their couch that day.

Sounds like you have some great concrete goals. We're glad to have you.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived