Forums are back in action! ×

No traditional cardio

In my quest for health and fitness I want to do things the right way. However I think it is more important for me to be consistent than to do everything just right. I am trying to come up with a weeky workout routine that doe not involve running, cycling, or what I would call "traditional cardio." I just cannot be motivated to run. I really enjoy body weight circuits and heavy lifting. Any ideas on how to incorporate this into a weekly routine?

SilentKnight, you have an endless amount of possibilities here. Are you looking for styles of workouts, or workout splits?

If you want a workout split, You can do:

3 days a week - M, W, F

Do a full body circuit (since you enjoy circuits). Do one exercise per major bodypart (legs,back,chest,shoulders,abs). Do as many reps and circuits as you can (I do a total of five circuits). I've used this routine with great results. It's also great to build a foundation if you're just starting off. Plus, the circuit will give you the "cardio" without the "cardio." :P

Latest: How to Get a Beach Bod in Only 15 Minutes a Day http://fitforlifepledge.com

that's an awesome video... thanks for introducing me to mc frntalot...:)

I dance around my living room like a crazy person for an hour for my cardio on days off. watch a bunch of random vevo vids and try to do that they do in dubstep and stuff til I get my heart rate up :) Wallflowers by MC Front-a-lot is totally my warm up song :)

http://youtu.be/GR_1yRPqXEE

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

My version of cardio is low weight, high rep. Running is boring, but throw some weight on a barbell and squat for 20 reps and see if you're winded. Cardio!

Yea that's the kind of cardio I want to do. Just not sure what how to build a workout routine around that without killing myself.

Games. Best way to do cardio without doing cardio. Kids are so energetic when they play, not only because of their youth, but because they are having the time of their lives. One of my room mates really into football(soccer), so he gets a ride with a co-worker after work and they run a track and field track, but they pass the ball to each other while doing it. So there's a lot of extra running involved, but they're having fun so it doesn't really seem like it until they slow down. I run and/or bike every day, but I think I get better cardio out of jamming out to my favorite tunes in my room. Can't beat jumping around your room pretending your Angus Young on aderol.

Ever try to play a game of basketball/hockey/soccer? WHOLE TON of cardio. I get more winded playing 5 minutes into a game of 21 than I do running for 15 minutes.

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

In my quest for health and fitness I want to do things the right way. However I think it is more important for me to be consistent than to do everything just right. I am trying to come up with a weeky workout routine that doe not involve running, cycling, or what I would call "traditional cardio." I just cannot be motivated to run. I really enjoy body weight circuits and heavy lifting. Any ideas on how to incorporate this into a weekly routine?

http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/?p=258

that's an awesome video... thanks for introducing me to mc frntalot...:)

Awesome video. I love it.

It reminds me of the song from Lonely Island with a line "There was a bunch of old white people dancing..."

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

I am having the same problem. So far the only thing I came up with is that we play lacrosse or basketball or something on the weekend.

I also want to get back into horseback riding. Not sure if that qualifies as "real" cardio though.

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I am having the same problem. So far the only thing I came up with is that we play lacrosse or basketball or something on the weekend.

I also want to get back into horseback riding. Not sure if that qualifies as "real" cardio though.

pretty sure it does for the horse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Orc Ranger

Str: 7, Dex: 2, Sta: 7, Con 4, Wis: 1, Cha: 3

Archived